activemq-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From chir...@apache.org
Subject svn commit: r427611 [6/11] - in /incubator/activemq/site: ./ cimero-editor.data/
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:26:00 GMT
Modified: incubator/activemq/site/news.html
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/activemq/site/news.html?rev=427611&r1=427610&r2=427611&view=diff
==============================================================================
--- incubator/activemq/site/news.html (original)
+++ incubator/activemq/site/news.html Tue Aug  1 08:25:47 2006
@@ -186,12 +186,14 @@
 	<LI><A href="axis-support.html" title="Axis Support">Axis Support</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="c-integration.html" title="C Integration">C Integration</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="activemq-cpp-client.html" title="ActiveMQ CPP Client">C+&#43; Integration</A></LI>
-	<LI><A href="dot-net.html" title="dot Net">C# and .Net Integration</A></LI>
+	<LI><A href="nms.html" title="NMS">C# and .Net Integration</A></LI>
+	<LI><A href="cms.html" title="CMS">CMS</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="geronimo.html" title="Geronimo">Geronimo</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="j2ee.html" title="J2EE">J2EE</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="jboss-integration.html" title="JBoss Integration">JBoss Integration</A></LI>
 	<LI><SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Integrating%20with%20ActiveMQ" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">Jetty<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN></LI>
 	<LI><A href="jndi-support.html" title="JNDI Support">JNDI Support</A></LI>
+	<LI><A href="nms.html" title="NMS is the .Net Messaging API">NMS</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="openwire.html" title="OpenWire">OpenWire</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="rest.html" title="REST">REST</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="rss-and-atom.html" title="RSS and Atom">RSS and Atom</A></LI>
@@ -258,7 +260,7 @@
 	<LI><A href="source-xref.html" title="Source XRef">Source XRef</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="test-source-xref.html" title="Test Source XRef">Test Source XRef</A></LI>
 	<LI><SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://ci.gbuild.org/continuum/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">GBuild<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN></LI>
-	<LI><SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/maven/activemq-core/activemq.xsd.html" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">XSD<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN></LI>
+	<LI><A href="xml-reference.html" title="Xml Reference">Xml Reference</A></LI>
 </UL>
 
 
@@ -588,6 +590,1110 @@
         </TR>
                                             <TR>
                     <TD valign="top">
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/2006/08/01/Tuesday,%20August%201,%20first%20meeting">Tuesday, August 1, first meeting (created)</A></B>
+                        
+                                                                                                      <BR>
+                            <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
+    .tag {
+        font-style: italic;
+    }
+
+    .smalltext {
+        color: #666666;
+        font-size: 10px;
+    }
+</STYLE>
+<DIV id="PageContent">
+     <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
+                    News
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~aaime">Andrea Aime</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:andrea.aime@aliceposta.it">andrea.aime@aliceposta.it</A>)        on Aug 01, 2006 03:11
+        </DIV>
+    <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
+            </DIV>
+    <P>So lets put together an agenda ....<BR>
+[9.14.30] Jody Garnett scrive:1) PSC forming ... we need to read and respond to Chris&apos;s email ... and then vote<BR>
+[9.14.42] Jody Garnett scrive:2) GeoServer 1.4.0 rollout - we are stuck behind geotools<BR>
+[9.15.01] Jody Garnett scrive:3) GeoServer 1.4.x w/ WCS - we are stuck behind geoapi<BR>
+[9.15.08] Jody Garnett scrive:anybody else got one <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+[9.15.56] Andrea Aime scrive:4) Automated code formatting? (but please vote on the list)<BR>
+[9.16.14] Rob Atkinson scrive:axis order from geotools - do we really know how it will impact geoserver?<BR>
+[9.16.29] Clint Lewis scrive:Jody can add Alessio to the other window<BR>
+[9.16.36] * Jody Garnett aggiunto Alessio Fabiani a questa chat<BR>
+[9.16.51] Jody Garnett scrive:(um can only I add people?)<BR>
+[9.17.14] Andrea Aime scrive:Rob, maybe this is better discussed on the ml, or as point 5) ?<BR>
+[9.17.24] Andrea Aime scrive:(nope,everybody can)<BR>
+[9.17.25] Jody Garnett scrive:okay lets start with brent&apos;s usual 0) what are people up to <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+[9.17.34] Alessio Fabiani scrive:hi<BR>
+[9.18.00] Andrea Aime scrive:Me, nothing in particular, giving my best Sundays to the geotools build system lately <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/tongue.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+[9.18.07] Jody Garnett scrive:Jody - trying to put together a geoserver based project (still). Will try and keep up with PSC this week.<BR>
+[9.18.16] Clint Lewis scrive:Nothing on my side<BR>
+[9.18.43] Alessio Fabiani scrive:I&apos;m finishing Grib plugin and building a tool for mosaics<BR>
+[9.19.10] Andrea Aime scrive:A tool? A graphical one to build a mosaic out of a monolithic image?<BR>
+[9.19.32] Alessio Fabiani scrive:no no, just a command line utility to build the index shapefile<BR>
+[9.19.51] Andrea Aime scrive:Ah, so you already got to have the set of tiles done?<BR>
+[9.19.59] Alessio Fabiani scrive:yes<BR>
+[9.20.14] * Clint Lewis aggiunto Gerhard Goosen a questa chat<BR>
+[9.20.22] Andrea Aime scrive:Hum, I have some 800MB images here, would be nice to have something to mosaic them<BR>
+[9.20.24] * Jody Garnett ha modificato l&apos;argomento della chat in &quot;GeoServer 1) PSC 2) 1.4.0 3) trunk 4) code format 5) axis order&quot;<BR>
+[9.20.36] Jody Garnett scrive:he he - okay moving on ...<BR>
+[9.20.38] Alessio Fabiani scrive:<IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+[9.20.46] Jody Garnett scrive:Q: has everyone had a chance to review chris&apos;s email?<BR>
+[9.20.58] Rob Atkinson scrive:Aye<BR>
+[9.21.05] Jody Garnett scrive:I have, but have not reviewed his changes to the documents. So I am not read to vote in this meeting....<BR>
+[9.21.25] Andrea Aime scrive:Nope<BR>
+[9.21.38] Andrea Aime scrive:Just saw it now<BR>
+[9.21.41] Jody Garnett scrive:so perhaps we want to go through his pages together, or take this to the mailing list for careful thought. We have one week to provide feedback last I checked)<BR>
+[9.21.52] Clint Lewis scrive:r u talking about &quot;GSIP #1 - Project Steering Committee.&quot;<BR>
+[9.21.55] Jody Garnett scrive:yes.<BR>
+[9.22.07] Andrea Aime scrive:Better take time to read it I&apos;d say<BR>
+[9.22.32] Jody Garnett scrive:(guys I need to step out, please continue without me ... Rob would you take care of keeping the meeting churning through the agenda please?)<BR>
+[9.23.10] Rob Atkinson scrive:OK<BR>
+[9.23.25] Clint Lewis scrive:Jody stepped out.. if we get stuck I will drag him back..<BR>
+[9.23.34] Clint Lewis scrive:have his permission <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+[9.23.39] Rob Atkinson scrive:I think we have enough to suggest we dont vote now &#45;any comments to share now?<BR>
+[9.23.51] Andrea Aime scrive:Not at the moment, no<BR>
+[9.24.26] Rob Atkinson scrive:OK 2) tell us about 1.4.0 release<BR>
+[9.24.53] Andrea Aime scrive:I think we are stuck for the simple reason 2.2.0 is not out<BR>
+[9.25.11] Andrea Aime scrive:And we&apos;ll have to fix mappane before that release can go<BR>
+[9.25.21] Andrea Aime scrive:(maybe also the wfs client)<BR>
+[9.25.36] Andrea Aime scrive:The first one is something we deserve to users since we removed the old map pane<BR>
+[9.25.50] Andrea Aime scrive:And to Adrian which is taking on his shoulder the documentation effort<BR>
+[9.27.12] Andrea Aime scrive:That&apos;s all more or less<BR>
+[9.27.38] Andrea Aime scrive:Ah, we also have Justin stuck with some documentation work for 1.4.0 afaik<BR>
+[9.27.52] Rob Atkinson scrive:OK - so there is a functionally complete and tested 1.4, and its simply a policy thing that we dont release without the goetools docs?<BR>
+[9.28.07] Andrea Aime scrive:We don&apos;t release without our docs and a geotools release<BR>
+[9.28.23] Andrea Aime scrive:At the moment we are building against 2.2.x-RC5-snapshot<BR>
+[9.28.46] Rob Atkinson scrive:OK - some doco requirements for geoserver itself. Sticking point here?<BR>
+[9.28.54] Andrea Aime scrive:I do think it&apos;s just common sense to avoid releasing against unfinished peer libraries<BR>
+[9.29.11] Andrea Aime scrive:You have to ask Justin, I don&apos;t really know what&apos;s missing<BR>
+[9.29.25] Andrea Aime scrive:There are some JIRA issues filed against 1.4.0 thought, doc related<BR>
+[9.29.37] Rob Atkinson scrive:OK - what needs discussing here to progress things?<BR>
+[9.30.09] Clint Lewis scrive:can we go through those issues<BR>
+[9.30.12] Andrea Aime scrive:Well, I do think someone may want to go and fix mappane (will do, but allow me to do that during the weekend)<BR>
+[9.30.24] Clint Lewis scrive:some of them are just pending Justin&apos;s ok<BR>
+[9.30.32] Clint Lewis scrive:approval<BR>
+[9.30.54] Andrea Aime scrive:Ok, so lets write some mail to Justin asking about it and offering our help?<BR>
+[9.31.43] Andrea Aime scrive:Ok, going to write that email.<BR>
+[9.31.45] Andrea Aime scrive:Next topic?<BR>
+[9.32.02] Clint Lewis scrive:3) Trunk<BR>
+[9.32.31] Rob Atkinson scrive:Suggestion - should we get the geotools release and help needed status provided as a formal input to these meetings so we can deal with it more efficiently? I release its the same people<BR>
+[9.33.19] Andrea Aime scrive:Not sure I understand<BR>
+[9.34.02] Alessio Fabiani scrive:In the trunk relase of GeoServer there are some bugs which I have corrected in the wcs one<BR>
+[9.34.27] Andrea Aime scrive:Alessio, the policy should be that every time you fix a bug in a branch you should fix it in the trunk as well<BR>
+[9.34.31] Andrea Aime scrive:I know it&apos;s painful<BR>
+[9.34.56] Andrea Aime scrive:But we risk releasing with known bugs otherwise<BR>
+[9.35.05] Alessio Fabiani scrive:ok, so if you agree I can correct rhose bugs in the trunk too<BR>
+[9.36.04] Rob Atkinson scrive:The plan is to bring WCS home to trunk soon, then once it works well enough to kick that out as a 1.5 release ?<BR>
+[9.36.10] Alessio Fabiani scrive:the bugs are about the incomplete porting of the old release<BR>
+[9.36.14] Andrea Aime scrive:If you want to add cake topping too, open a JIRA bugs about them so that we can have them in the changelog<BR>
+[9.36.40] Andrea Aime scrive:Rob, the problem is that we will have to wait a gt2 2.3 release<BR>
+[9.36.55] Andrea Aime scrive:Which in turn is stuck because it&apos;s building against geoapi trunk<BR>
+[9.37.04] Alessio Fabiani scrive:for example the getInternal method was used to retrieve resources but this method returns null objects and somthing like this<BR>
+[9.37.17] Andrea Aime scrive:So the proper order is: fix geoapi and release it<BR>
+[9.37.43] Andrea Aime scrive:Fix geotools and have geoserver hammer it a bit (lots of changes, so likeliness of having bugs around)<BR>
+[9.37.49] Andrea Aime scrive:Release geotools, release geoserver<BR>
+[9.37.54] Andrea Aime scrive:That will take quite some time<BR>
+[9.38.32] Andrea Aime scrive:The problem is that gt2 trunk has been abandoned for quite some time and scary things happened in the meantime<BR>
+[9.38.55] Andrea Aime scrive:We are trying to recover and get things straight again, but it&apos;s not like pushing a button and calling it done <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/sad.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+[9.39.39] Andrea Aime scrive:Did I answer you question Rob? (althougth maybe with something not pleasing to hear?)<BR>
+[9.39.43] Rob Atkinson scrive:The issue is to minimise effort wasted on branches that could be making the trunk more robust.<BR>
+[9.40.10] Andrea Aime scrive:Well, 1.4.x+wcs will be the next trunk<BR>
+[9.40.13] Alessio Fabiani scrive:my branch is always aligned with trunk ...<BR>
+[9.40.20] Andrea Aime scrive:And I think there&apos;s agreement on that<BR>
+[9.40.35] Andrea Aime scrive:On geotools land, we&apos;ll first release 2.3 and then merge the FM branch<BR>
+[9.40.57] Andrea Aime scrive:So I think this branch-happy season will come to an end before the end of the year<BR>
+[9.41.21] Andrea Aime scrive:Geoserver is now in a position where branching is no more needed that much hopefully<BR>
+[9.41.43] Alessio Fabiani scrive:however I will open some JIRA tasks for the problems I have found and I will fix the bugs I can<BR>
+[9.41.50] Rob Atkinson scrive:OK - so 2.2. is not yet released - whats the prognosis for 2.3 ?<BR>
+[9.42.10] Andrea Aime scrive:2.2 can be released in 1-2 weeks I think<BR>
+[9.42.23] simboss18830 scrive:morning all<BR>
+[9.42.23] Alessio Fabiani scrive:2.3 is now the geotools trunk<BR>
+[9.42.30] Andrea Aime scrive:2.3, hah, couple of months?<BR>
+[9.42.44] Rob Atkinson scrive:I suppose one driver will be GML 3 support for WFS 1.1 - this is due for sept? Whats the planned geoserver release for this?<BR>
+[9.42.49] Andrea Aime scrive:It all depends on how fast we can get a damned geoapi 2.1 release<BR>
+[9.43.20] Andrea Aime scrive:Rob, I&apos;m not up to date on that one?<BR>
+[9.43.41] Andrea Aime scrive:Afaik people who have tried on GML 3 run away in despair?<BR>
+[9.43.58] Rob Atkinson scrive:Its the OWS 4 WFS 1.1 reference implementation - need someone from TOPP on that.<BR>
+[9.44.32] Andrea Aime scrive:Better leave the question in the logs and have the second meeting answer that one then<BR>
+[9.44.34] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:I guess topp is engaged to only provide simple profile support<BR>
+[9.44.36] Rob Atkinson scrive:To avoid version fatigue, we should maybe aim for 1.5 to have WCS + 2.3 + WFS 1.1<BR>
+[9.45.08] Andrea Aime scrive:Hmm.... two major changes in one release... not sure I like it from a stability standpoint<BR>
+[9.45.34] Andrea Aime scrive:Unless WFS1.1 can be a new module and we can keep 1.0 kicking around and stable<BR>
+[9.45.37] Rob Atkinson scrive:Simple Featuires Level 1 profile = complex features.&nbsp; Level 2 = FM<BR>
+[9.46.13] Andrea Aime scrive:Rob, let&apos;s have TOPP people answer that one<BR>
+[9.46.30] Andrea Aime scrive:And/or have a formal PSC vote on the mailing list<BR>
+[9.46.34] Rob Atkinson scrive:We have several stability issues - too many versions means reduced testing effort.<BR>
+[9.46.57] Andrea Aime scrive:But first I want to hear who is going to implement GML3 and what are his timelines<BR>
+[9.47.39] Andrea Aime scrive:Rob, if this is a concern we really have to improve/extend our automated testing procedures<BR>
+[9.47.51] Andrea Aime scrive:Anyway, the alloted hour is going away... next topic?<BR>
+[9.47.52] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:I don&apos;t know of anyone that plans to do that in the short term<BR>
+[9.47.52] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:sigh<BR>
+[9.48.39] Andrea Aime scrive:Guys, 10 minutes left. We call it a day or we try to face at least 4)?<BR>
+[9.48.52] Rob Atkinson scrive:WFS 1.1 requires GML 3.1.1 as the normative response format. Only needs simple geometries though<BR>
+[9.49.23] Rob Atkinson scrive:OK - 4) automated code formatting<BR>
+[9.49.29] Andrea Aime scrive:Rob, nobody here is going to work on GML3, so this a topic for the second meeting<BR>
+[9.49.50] Rob Atkinson scrive:I suggest a proposal along the lines of GSIP - this will affect many developers<BR>
+[9.50.06] Andrea Aime scrive:Yes, I do agree<BR>
+[9.50.09] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:sure<BR>
+[9.50.24] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:just talk to chris and justing first<BR>
+[9.50.35] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:to see what they have planned for OWS4<BR>
+[9.50.42] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:and what not<BR>
+[9.50.47] Andrea Aime scrive:Ok, I&apos;ll try to setup a proposal then<BR>
+[9.50.53] Rob Atkinson scrive:Sorry - I though we&apos;d moved on to 4)<BR>
+[9.50.55] Andrea Aime scrive:And send it to the ml/wiki<BR>
+[9.51.26] Andrea Aime scrive:Heh, I do think we already finished 4), unless someone has a straigh &#45;1 against automated formatting<BR>
+[9.51.49] Andrea Aime scrive:(aka, don&apos;t want to take time and write a proposal if someone has strong points against it)<BR>
+[9.51.51] Gabriel Rold&aacute;n scrive:(Rob, its just me that I&apos;m still sleepy, sorry)<BR>
+[9.52.40] Andrea Aime scrive:Ok, quick peek into 5)?<BR>
+[9.53.00] Rob Atkinson scrive:A proposal wont be long, and we&apos;ll need to specify the automation procedure anyway so people can follow it. Make it a GSIP<BR>
+[9.53.10] Andrea Aime scrive:Ok<BR>
+[9.53.40] Rob Atkinson scrive:5) Axis order.<BR>
+[9.54.09] Rob Atkinson scrive:Personally I&apos;m scared of this derailing interoperability big time.<BR>
+[9.54.14] Andrea Aime scrive:Ok, short answer is, 1.4 will work only if the original data is in long/lat axis order<BR>
+[9.54.25] Andrea Aime scrive:as 1.3 does as well<BR>
+[9.54.42] Alessio Fabiani scrive:the axis order should be solved with new GeoTools code<BR>
+[9.54.49] Rob Atkinson scrive:Too much crazy stuff (like if you use a urn id for CRS it gets intepreted differently to EPSG:XXXX)<BR>
+[9.55.10] Andrea Aime scrive:urn?<BR>
+[9.55.34] simboss18830 scrive:the newly proposed standard<BR>
+[9.55.35] Rob Atkinson scrive:I sent an email - not seen it yet - about proper separation of concerns. Discussion for geotools, but do we need to think about impact?<BR>
+[9.55.38] simboss18830 scrive:for managing crs<BR>
+[9.55.47] Alessio Fabiani scrive:you can specify how to decode the EPSG:XX by using hints or specific CRSFactories<BR>
+[9.55.51] simboss18830 scrive:is using complex and long urn<BR>
+[9.56.10] Andrea Aime scrive:Uniform Resource N????<BR>
+[9.56.14] simboss18830 scrive:name<BR>
+[9.56.18] Andrea Aime scrive:Ah<BR>
+[9.56.27] simboss18830 scrive:let me grab an examle<BR>
+[9.56.43] simboss18830 scrive:urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG:6.0:4277<BR>
+[9.56.58] Rob Atkinson scrive:Its the fact that different identifier forms are supposed to be handled differently &#33; I dont believe it will happen.<BR>
+[9.56.58] Alessio Fabiani scrive:urn means that specifing the name of a rescource you don&apos;t have to specify its location (path)<BR>
+[9.56.58] Andrea Aime scrive:Ah, I see. With the authority included<BR>
+[9.57.20] simboss18830 scrive:yeah<BR>
+[9.57.22] simboss18830 scrive:sooner or later<BR>
+[9.57.34] Rob Atkinson scrive:WMS 1.3 basically never got deployed because it changed CRS order, everyone reckoned WMS 1.1 was good enough...<BR>
+[9.57.35] simboss18830 scrive:we will have to write a referencing authority<BR>
+[9.57.38] simboss18830 scrive:for this urn based form<BR>
+[9.58.03] Andrea Aime scrive:A kind of wrapper that queries the authorities we do have now?<BR>
+[9.58.44] simboss18830 scrive:more or less<BR>
+[9.58.49] simboss18830 scrive:but Martin is the guru<BR>
+[9.58.54] simboss18830 scrive:as well as jody<BR>
+[9.59.18] simboss18830 scrive:did anybody read the extra IRC about axes order from yesterday evening?<BR>
+[10.00.08] Andrea Aime scrive:(was there)<BR>
+[10.00.16] Rob Atkinson scrive:For now, I suggest we go away and think about what the users are going to do in the face of this. We cant solve now, but there will be a requirement at some point to make a decision about support for standards as written, vs whatever emerges as practice.<BR>
+[10.00.28] Andrea Aime scrive:Ok<BR>
+[10.00.33] Andrea Aime scrive:Let&apos;s call it done then?<BR>
+[10.00.46] Rob Atkinson scrive:Done&#33;</P>
+    </DIV></SPAN>
+                                                                      </TD>
+                </TR>
+                                                <TR>
+                    <TD valign="top">
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2006/07/31/IRC%20Meeting%20-%2031%20July%202006">IRC Meeting - 31 July 2006 (created)</A></B>
+                        
+                                                                                                      <BR>
+                            <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
+    .tag {
+        font-style: italic;
+    }
+
+    .smalltext {
+        color: #666666;
+        font-size: 10px;
+    }
+</STYLE>
+<DIV id="PageContent">
+     <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
+                    News
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~acuster">Adrian Custer</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:acuster@gmail.com">acuster@gmail.com</A>)        on Jul 31, 2006 15:02
+        </DIV>
+    <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
+            </DIV>
+    
+<P>A sloppy weekly meeting:<BR>
+1) Nothing said against YourKit<BR>
+2) 2.2.0 good to go (except it doesn&apos;t compile right at this instant)<BR>
+3) 2.2.0 still scheduled to go out after rgould&apos;s exams (unless you decide to release before)<BR>
+4) WFS will be made permissive to incorrect requrests (but with some mumbling)</P>
+
+<DIV class="preformatted"><DIV class="preformattedContent">
+<PRE>* cholmes (n=chatzill@dsl027-150-159.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net) has joined #geotools
+* gtbot (n=gtbot@mail.refractions.net) has joined #geotools
+&lt;chorner&gt; gtbot, add your favorite profiler
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Added agenda item &apos;1: your favorite profiler&apos; to the list.
+&lt;chorner&gt; gtbot, add 2.2.0
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Added agenda item &apos;2: 2.2.0&apos; to the list.
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; gtbot, add JMapPane
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Added agenda item &apos;3: JMapPane&apos; to the list.
+&lt;acuster&gt; gtbot, welcome back\!
+&lt;acuster&gt; gtbot, insult
+&lt;acuster&gt; nah, you&apos;re not a real bot yet.
+&lt;simboss&gt; gtbot, subversion
+&lt;simboss&gt; cool
+&lt;simboss&gt; :P
+&lt;acuster&gt; a little light reading: [http://news.independent.co.uk/world/fisk/article1204432.ece]
+* jdeolive has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
+&lt;acuster&gt; okay, we going to start?
+&lt;acuster&gt; cholmes, chorner ethangio FrankW Jesse_Eichar77 simboss ?
+&lt;cholmes&gt; I&apos;m here.
+&lt;simboss&gt; ready
+* FrankW is reading about Lebanon...
+&lt;FrankW&gt; but I&apos;ll try to pay attention here too.
+&lt;acuster&gt; 1) was andrea&apos;s idea, seems to have got a good reception
+* iant\_ (n=ijturton@69-162-63-113.stcgpa.adelphia.net) has joined #geotools
+&lt;acuster&gt; anyone got something to add?
+&lt;iant_&gt; hi
+&lt;acuster&gt; iant_, just starting on (1)
+&lt;acuster&gt; gtbot, list
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Agenda Items:
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 1: your favorite profiler
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 2: 2.2.0
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 3: JMapPane
+&lt;gtbot&gt; End of agenda items.
+&lt;acuster&gt; okay on to (2) then
+&lt;acuster&gt; we are working on getting jmappane working
+&lt;acuster&gt; the javadocs should be fixed but can only be verified during release
+&lt;acuster&gt; any other showstoppers?
+&lt;acuster&gt; there have been some fixes going in
+&lt;acuster&gt; are they done?
+&lt;acuster&gt; okay, assuming the resounding silence means 2.2.0 is good to release 
+&lt;acuster&gt; when anyone can pull it off.
+&lt;acuster&gt; on to (3)
+&lt;acuster&gt; Jesse_Eichar77, you wanted to say stuff?
+* FrankW shouts out some silence.
+&lt;iant_&gt; ?
+&lt;iant_&gt; ping?
+&lt;acuster&gt; okay, anything else?
+&lt;simboss&gt; Jesse_Eichar77
+&lt;simboss&gt; I have a question guys
+* acuster can pull out the old; ask, don&apos;t ask to ask
+* rgould (n=rgould@S010600014a5e5049.gv.shawcable.net) has joined #geotools
+&lt;rgould&gt; hi
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; meeting with Paul 1 sec
+&lt;acuster&gt; go simboss,
+&lt;simboss&gt; is there any timeline for 2.3?
+&lt;simboss&gt; I might have forgotten sory
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; ok back
+* iant\_ has quit ()
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; simboss:
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; not that I know
+&lt;simboss&gt; ok
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; I didn&apos;t have too much to say about the JMapPane.  
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; But I understand there are some issues with it?
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; (Just parroting back what Jody told me)
+&lt;acuster&gt; JMapPane has been moved into ext/ on the 2.2 branch
+&lt;simboss&gt; andrea came up with some issues
+&lt;simboss&gt; he sent out an email
+&lt;acuster&gt; as well as some extra fluff
+&lt;simboss&gt; abou ti
+&lt;simboss&gt; it
+* iant\_ (n=ijturton@69-162-63-113.stcgpa.adelphia.net) has joined #geotools
+&lt;acuster&gt; the fluff (filter stuff) will be chopped out
+&lt;iant_&gt; hi again
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; so nobody is maintaining it?
+&lt;acuster&gt; the CRSPicker can&apos;t be made to work trivially so it will be cut
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; welcome back.
+&lt;acuster&gt; which leaves us with a nice lean widget
+&lt;acuster&gt; which is *all* that Geotools should have
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; so who&apos;s doing the cutting?
+&lt;iant_&gt; ping?
+&lt;acuster&gt; hey iant\_
+&lt;acuster&gt; you going to work on JMapPane? Do you have time?
+&lt;iant_&gt; hi - I&apos;m having connection problems
+&lt;iant_&gt; I&apos;ll try to work on it
+&lt;acuster&gt; Jody was doing some cutting
+&lt;iant_&gt; I&apos;m still trying to sort my home network after house move
+&lt;acuster&gt; as far as I&apos;m concerned, it&apos;s good enough to ship
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; ok cool
+&lt;acuster&gt; we don&apos;t really care if it&apos;s full of bugs
+&lt;acuster&gt; since it&apos;s not really part of geotools
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; :D
+&lt;iant_&gt; Feel free to all chip in and I&apos;ll be module maintainer
+&lt;acuster&gt; it exists uniquely as a teaching device for others to start with
+&lt;acuster&gt; and for me to document Geotools
+&lt;iant_&gt; and also as the most requested feature in 2.2.0 since styledmappane was removed :-)
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; ok.  so I missed the bit about 2.2.0
+&lt;acuster&gt; yes, but that would indicate that it were a &quot;feature&quot; and it has ceased to be 
+(acuster&gt; since it is a convinient time to pass the work on to the users)
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; As far as I know it is ready to go out.
+&lt;chorner&gt; *almost*
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; do we have anyone to release it?
+&lt;acuster&gt; gtbot, add javadocs
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Added agenda item &apos;4: javadocs&apos; to the list.
+&lt;chorner&gt; i&apos;m adding a couple fixes in the next couple hours, but it is unlikely it will 
+&lt;chorner&gt; be released before then
+&lt;chorner&gt; also: the 2.2.x build is broken (ext/go)
+&lt;acuster&gt; how?
+* iant\_ has quit ()
+&lt;chorner&gt; [INFO] Compilation failure
+&lt;chorner&gt; c:\java\geotools\2.2.x\ext\go\src\org\geotools\geometry\array\CompressionLevel.java:[112,19] compareTo(java.lang.Object) in org.ge
+&lt;chorner&gt; otools.geometry.array.CompressionLevel cannot override compareTo(java.lang.Object) in org.opengis.util.CodeList; overridden method
+&lt;chorner&gt;  is final
+&lt;acuster&gt; rgould, if no one else beats you to it, will you be able to release after your exams?
+&lt;rgould&gt; acuster, certainly
+&lt;acuster&gt; cool
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; sweet.
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; richard did you add you agenda item?
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; about wfs capabilities?
+&lt;rgould&gt; oh
+&lt;rgould&gt; forgot about that
+&lt;rgould&gt; gtbot, add Specification Purity
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Added agenda item &apos;5: Specification Purity&apos; to the list.
+&lt;acuster&gt; anyone have anything to say on (1) the profiler (2) 2.2.0 or (3) jmappane?
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; Profiler:  I like YourKit
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; done
+&lt;acuster&gt; gtbot, list
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Agenda Items:
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 1: your favorite profiler
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 2: 2.2.0
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 3: JMapPane
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 4: javadocs
+&lt;gtbot&gt; 5: Specification Purity
+&lt;gtbot&gt; End of agenda items.
+&lt;acuster&gt; okay a quick (4)
+&lt;acuster&gt; i&apos;m writing a stupid example app that tries to cover a lot of the code base,
+&lt;acuster&gt; as of now there is one (1)  import from geoapi
+&lt;acuster&gt; when you try to learn geotools by studying geoapi,
+&lt;acuster&gt; you waste a lot of time because it&apos;s not at all clear what is relevant and what is not
+&lt;acuster&gt; Would it be possible, in future releases, to somehow trim down the geoapi released with Geotools
+&lt;acuster&gt; to contain only the relevant modules?
+* cholmes has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
+&lt;acuster&gt; I don&apos;t expect an answer, but am raising the possibility
+&lt;acuster&gt; Done
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; A good point that
+* cholmes (n=chatzill@dsl027-150-159.nyc1.dsl.speakeasy.net) has joined #geotools
+&lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt; don&apos;t have too much of interest to say about it though.
+&lt;acuster&gt; okay, on to (5)
+&lt;acuster&gt; rgould?
+&lt;rgould&gt; ok
+&lt;rgould&gt; so due to a recent bug issue in uDig, I discovered that the WFS plugin in geotools 
+&lt;rgould&gt; explodes if it encounters a Capabilities document that does not conform to the WFS specification
+&lt;rgould&gt; the problem is that the part that was missing from the document was not essential to use the service
+&lt;rgould&gt; now
+&lt;rgould&gt; a couple years ago, when I was implementing the WMS plugin, James gasped in dismay as
+&lt;rgould&gt; he realized I was permitting servers that did not conform to the WMS specification to be accessed normally
+&lt;rgould&gt; i would like to do the same to WFS
+&lt;rgould&gt; (so we can access these broken servers)
+&lt;FrankW&gt; rgould: \+\+ on permissiveness.
+&lt;rgould&gt; I thought it might be a good idea to come up with a general concensus regarding what 
+&lt;rgould&gt; to do when something breaks specification
+&lt;rgould&gt; It has been a goal of uDig to communicate with every server out there
+&lt;rgould&gt; that&apos;s pretty much all I have to say
+&lt;acuster&gt; can you communicate but raise a big red flag?
+&lt;cholmes&gt; I&apos;m inclined to say that we should shoot some sort of warning when something&apos;s not right.
+&lt;cholmes&gt; yeah, what acuster said.
+&lt;rgould&gt; that should be easy to do
+* iant_\_ (n=ijturton@69-162-63-113.stcgpa.adelphia.net) has joined #geotools
+&lt;rgould&gt; and then a client like uDig can look at the flag and perhaps display a message to curious users
+&lt;acuster&gt; well, it&apos;s also making user know that it&apos;s not uDig&apos;s problem
+&lt;cholmes&gt; Hopefully even at the udig level - have a red flag that says the user could get in 
+&lt;cholmes&gt; touch with the provider of the service about properly meeting the specification.
+&lt;acuster&gt; or Geotools&apos;
+&lt;rgould&gt; right
+&lt;rgould&gt; heh - OWS services include contact information - uDig could assist in contacting them :-)
+&lt;cholmes&gt; Even better, windows style &apos;send an error report now&apos; - which would send some canned email.
+&lt;rgould&gt; yeah
+&lt;cholmes&gt; Yeah, what rgould said.
+&lt;acuster&gt; yes, that&apos;s exactly the kind of thing that will cover Geotools in the long term
+&lt;acuster&gt; very nice
+&lt;acuster&gt; \+1 for exapansiveness, if accompanied by a nasty note :-)
+&lt;rgould&gt; okay, so unless there are objections, i will make WFS permissive and will add a flag 
+&lt;rgould&gt; to indicate that the server has broken specification (and maybe some messages regarding it to)
+&lt;rgould&gt; hahaha
+&lt;acuster&gt; so we are done: open floor for five minutes and then we can close the meeting
+&lt;acuster&gt; well, that&apos;s not going anywhere.
+&lt;acuster&gt; so we are done. Thanks all
+&lt;rgould&gt; thanks for running the meeting
+&lt;FrankW&gt; later
+&lt;chorner&gt; someone will need to post logs
+&lt;rgould&gt; gtbot, stop
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Logging stopped.
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Posting news to GeoTools confluence...
+&lt;gtbot&gt; Successfully posted.
+&lt;rgould&gt; ;)
+&lt;chorner&gt; i don&apos;t remember anyone pressing start
+&lt;rgould&gt; oh
+&lt;rgould&gt; you are right
+&lt;rgould&gt; it is empty
+</PRE>
+</DIV></DIV>
+    </DIV></SPAN>
+                                                                      </TD>
+                </TR>
+                                                <TR>
+                    <TD valign="top">
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/2006/07/27/Breakout%20Coverage%20Plugin%20IRC%20meeting%207-27-2006">Breakout Coverage Plugin IRC meeting 7-27-2006 (updated)</A></B>
+                        
+                                                                                                      <BR>
+                            <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
+    .tag {
+        font-style: italic;
+    }
+
+    .smalltext {
+        color: #666666;
+        font-size: 10px;
+    }
+</STYLE>
+<DIV id="PageContent">
+     <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
+                    News
+                            updated by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~cholmes">Chris Holmes</A></B> (<A href="mailto:cholmes@openplans.org">cholmes@openplans.org</A>) to
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GEOS/2006/07/27/Breakout%20Coverage%20Plugin%20IRC%20meeting%207-27-2006">revision 2</A>
+            on Jul 27, 2006 17:22.
+                    created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~sjf8">Saul Farber</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:sjf8@yahoo.com">sjf8@yahoo.com</A>)        on Jul 27, 2006 16:44
+        </DIV>
+    <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
+            </DIV>
+    <P>Summary: simboss drops some knowledge on how to write grid coverage plugins.</P>
+
+<P>(16:32:18) - simboss: (i know I am boring but I might be able to give you some simple solutions)<BR>
+(16:32:22) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(16:32:30) - JonathanWong: no problem<BR>
+(16:32:32) - simboss: what about georeferencing information?<BR>
+(16:32:43) - simboss: do you store them in an header<BR>
+(16:32:46) - simboss: or separately?<BR>
+(16:32:51) - JonathanWong: thats contained in the file<BR>
+(16:32:53) - JonathanWong: as a header<BR>
+(16:33:01) - simboss: cool<BR>
+(16:33:05) - simboss: one last question<BR>
+(16:33:09) - simboss: what about tiling?<BR>
+(16:33:18) - JonathanWong: no<BR>
+(16:33:20) - simboss: did you took that into account?<BR>
+(16:33:28) - simboss: possibility to decimate on reading<BR>
+(16:33:40) - simboss: decimation=subsampling<BR>
+(16:33:49) - simboss: ?<BR>
+(16:34:29) - JonathanWong: no, you have to stream to the value you want<BR>
+(16:34:33) - JonathanWong: well i think its like that<BR>
+(16:34:50) - JonathanWong: i didnt develop the library to access the data in the file<BR>
+(16:35:01) - JonathanWong: i only a few details of the files make-up<BR>
+(16:35:13) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(16:35:19) - simboss: I am asking all these questions<BR>
+(16:35:22) - simboss: about the format itself<BR>
+(16:35:32) - simboss: since inside ImageIO there already the capability<BR>
+(16:35:36) - simboss: to read natively<BR>
+(16:35:43) - simboss: binary files<BR>
+(16:35:51) - simboss: I am using that inside the GTOPO30 plugin<BR>
+(16:36:00) - simboss: and it is simple fantastic <BR>
+(16:36:04) - simboss: very very fast<BR>
+(16:36:09) - simboss: support tiling<BR>
+(16:36:11) - simboss: and decimation<BR>
+(16:36:21) - JonathanWong: its not binary file with just data in it, the file kinda represents a file system<BR>
+(16:36:33) - simboss: yeah<BR>
+(16:36:39) - simboss: and plus we have an header<BR>
+(16:36:41) - JonathanWong: at the start of the file is header information<BR>
+(16:36:49) - simboss: hence no easy ImageIO solution <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(16:37:04) - JonathanWong: then there are record headers giving information to each grid (a grid is a record)<BR>
+(16:37:15) - JonathanWong: then follows the grid data<BR>
+(16:37:24) - simboss: I see...<BR>
+(16:37:30) - JonathanWong: a bit like a FAT<BR>
+(16:37:32) - simboss: much like a grib file<BR>
+(16:37:45) - simboss: a file made up of multiple records<BR>
+(16:37:47) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(16:37:53) - simboss: I think I got it<BR>
+(16:38:10) - simboss: how much time do you have to spend on this?<BR>
+(16:38:14) - JonathanWong: i&apos;m not similiar with gribs make up, but i know they are quite different<BR>
+(16:38:30) - JonathanWong: im guessing about 1week<BR>
+(16:38:31) - simboss: I mean<BR>
+(16:38:41) - simboss: do you need something very very quickly<BR>
+(16:38:48) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(16:38:53) - simboss: that is quickly <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(16:39:12) - JonathanWong: spending about 8 hours a day on it.<BR>
+(16:39:40) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(16:39:50) - simboss: here is the issues<BR>
+(16:39:53) - simboss: up to now<BR>
+(16:39:58) - simboss: the geoserver is built for managing<BR>
+(16:40:02) - simboss: 2d grids<BR>
+(16:40:26) - JonathanWong: I&apos;ve already got geoserver to find my new file format. after extending the gridcoverage classes in geotools<BR>
+(16:40:39) - simboss: while your file will have multiple coverages in it<BR>
+(16:40:48) - simboss: (that&apos;s great man)<BR>
+(16:41:03) - simboss: up to now geoserver would only use the first one<BR>
+(16:41:11) - JonathanWong: ok<BR>
+(16:41:15) - simboss: changing this would not be too difficult<BR>
+(16:41:33) - simboss: and it is something we should do next week <BR>
+(16:41:40) - simboss: on purpose for grib files<BR>
+(16:42:02) - simboss: (remove should, add will since it is a customer requirement)<BR>
+(16:42:32) - simboss: If you need something quick and not too dirty<BR>
+(16:42:35) - simboss: I am pretty sure<BR>
+(16:42:42) - JonathanWong: you don&apos;t have to go that far for me...lol<BR>
+(16:42:45) - simboss: that in a week or at most 10 days<BR>
+(16:42:58) - simboss: we should get you there<BR>
+(16:43:38) - simboss: do not worry this help me focus on the path<BR>
+(16:43:44) - simboss: I have too many other things to do <BR>
+(16:43:48) - simboss: at the same time<BR>
+(16:43:50) - simboss: deadlines<BR>
+(16:43:51) - JonathanWong: ok<BR>
+(16:44:00) - simboss: make sharp<BR>
+(16:44:02) - simboss: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(16:44:21) - JonathanWong: do you know of any documentation for creating new coverage plugins to support new file formats<BR>
+(16:44:30) - simboss: neve had time<BR>
+(16:44:34) - simboss: to write some<BR>
+(16:44:35) - simboss: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(16:44:58) - simboss: tell me where you are right now <BR>
+(16:45:03) - simboss: and what you already did<BR>
+(16:45:41) - JonathanWong: after a lot of searching, I realised I had to implement four interfaces<BR>
+(16:45:42) - JonathanWong: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Developing%20GridCoverage%20Formats" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Developing+GridCoverage+Formats<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+(16:46:19) - JonathanWong: i&apos;ve almost done that expect the read and write methods.<BR>
+(16:46:40) - JonathanWong: i wrapped it in a jar and stuck it in the lib/ folder<BR>
+(16:46:47) - simboss: cool<BR>
+(16:47:17) - JonathanWong: restarted geoserver and went to Config-&gt;Data-&gt;CoveragePlugins in the web admin and my file format showed up<BR>
+(16:47:40) - simboss: k<BR>
+(16:47:55) - simboss: this means that your factory is fine<BR>
+(16:48:00) - JonathanWong: I tried to add a file of my format as a coverage store, but couldn&apos;t do it because I hadn&apos;t implemented the read method<BR>
+(16:48:27) - JonathanWong: so at the moment I&apos;ll be doing that.<BR>
+(16:49:19) - JonathanWong: I was wondering if there was any doc to help me a bit, none of the api doc for GeoTools is filled. I only know the methods I have to implement, not what they mean or suppose to do exactly<BR>
+(16:49:41) - simboss: sorry about that <BR>
+(16:49:56) - simboss: but the best documentation availaible is<BR>
+(16:50:06) - simboss: lokking at the other plugin<BR>
+(16:50:38) - simboss: would it be a problem for you to share your code?<BR>
+(16:50:49) - simboss: so that I can take a look and give some help?<BR>
+(16:51:44) - JonathanWong: it shouldn&apos;t be. I&apos;d have to find out from my supervisor, but I don&apos;t think it will. I don&apos;t have the code on me at the moment, it&apos;s on a machine at work<BR>
+(16:52:49) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(16:52:54) - simboss: tomorrow<BR>
+(16:53:05) - simboss: I will be working<BR>
+(16:53:08) - simboss: on geoserver <BR>
+(16:53:13) - simboss: during the afternoon<BR>
+(16:53:25) - simboss: find out if you can share the code<BR>
+(16:53:28) - simboss: even temporarly<BR>
+(16:53:32) - JonathanWong: what country are you located?<BR>
+(16:53:36) - simboss: italy<BR>
+(16:53:43) - JonathanWong: I&apos;m in the uk<BR>
+(16:53:45) - simboss: and i will try to help you out on this<BR>
+(16:53:52) - JonathanWong: thank you<BR>
+(16:53:53) - simboss: I guessed that from the email<BR>
+(16:53:56) - simboss: .uk<BR>
+(16:53:58) - simboss: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(16:54:24) - simboss: I am smart even if I do not look like smart :-*<BR>
+(16:54:29) - simboss: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(16:54:32) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(16:54:38) - JonathanWong: no probs<BR>
+(16:54:49) - simboss: find out if you can share the code<BR>
+(16:54:51) - simboss: if so <BR>
+(16:55:00) - simboss: we will find  some space <BR>
+(16:55:07) - JonathanWong: cool<BR>
+(16:55:08) - simboss: on an svn repository<BR>
+(16:55:23) - simboss: and in the end will put it on geotools if you want<BR>
+(16:55:51) - JonathanWong: We are trying to use a lot of open source software so I don&apos;t think it will be a problem<BR>
+(16:56:08) - simboss: fair enough<BR>
+(16:56:24) - simboss: sfarber<BR>
+(16:56:34) - sfarber: hi there!<BR>
+(16:56:45) - simboss: what were you saying about the arcsde rasters?<BR>
+(16:57:15) - sfarber: I&apos;m in a similar position to Jonathan.  i&apos;d like to implement a coverage plugin for Arcsde stored rasters.<BR>
+(16:57:37) - sfarber: Generally 3-banded, but possibly 4-banded.<BR>
+(16:58:00) - sfarber: In the end, I think I&apos;ll be following a lot of the other coverage plugins...and probably emailing you guys a lot.<BR>
+(16:58:16) - simboss: never played with them<BR>
+(16:58:25) - sfarber: Yeah, me neither.  Here&apos;s the javadocs:<BR>
+(16:58:26) - simboss: 3 or 4 band is no big deal<BR>
+(16:59:37) - sfarber: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://edndoc.esri.com/ardsde/9.1/" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://edndoc.esri.com/ardsde/9.1/<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+(16:59:56) - sfarber: and, of course:<BR>
+(17:00:13) - sfarber: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://edndoc.esri.com/arcsde/9.1/java_api/docs/index.html" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://edndoc.esri.com/arcsde/9.1/java_api/docs/index.html<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+(17:01:25) - sfarber: Any idea of whether the SLD for rasters is supported by the geotools SLD renderer?<BR>
+(17:01:38) - simboss: I am checking the link...<BR>
+(17:02:49) - simboss: It seems quite cool<BR>
+(17:02:55) - simboss: not the easiest thing to do <BR>
+(17:02:57) - simboss: but quite cool<BR>
+(17:03:02) - simboss: it has tiling<BR>
+(17:04:01) - simboss: it has color map <BR>
+(17:04:05) - sfarber: How is tiling going to work for me?  I sort-of figured I&apos;d get a geographic extent, and then just ask the raster band for the data inside that extent.  What does tiling give me?<BR>
+(17:04:25) - sfarber: Let me ask the above question slightly differently.<BR>
+(17:05:24) - sfarber: What does the GridCoverageReader return?  Is the plugin expected to return a BufferedImage (or similar), or does it simply return the raw data and let a central raster-renderer handle the translation fromdata to image?<BR>
+(17:06:38) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(17:06:50) - simboss: How much do you know about JAI and ImageIO?<BR>
+(17:07:39) - sfarber: I&apos;ve used ImageIO.read(), and I at one point used JAI to composite an 8-bit indexed PNG onto another 24-bit channeled PNG.<BR>
+(17:08:00) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(17:08:07) - simboss: here it is the full explanation<BR>
+(17:08:23) - simboss: (maybe we should this hence I do not think I have never explained this)<BR>
+(17:08:29) - simboss: the back end of a  grid coverage<BR>
+(17:08:34) - simboss: is a panarimage<BR>
+(17:08:40) - sfarber: Sure.<BR>
+(17:08:40) - simboss: planarimage<BR>
+(17:09:12) - simboss: <SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/forDevelopers/jai-apidocs/javax/media/jai/PlanarImage.html" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/forDevelopers/jai-apidocs/javax/media/jai/PlanarImage.html<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+(17:09:17) - simboss: if you look at it<BR>
+(17:09:24) - simboss: you will se that is an abstract class<BR>
+(17:09:35) - simboss: implementing RenderedImage<BR>
+(17:09:38) - simboss: plus ImageJAI<BR>
+(17:09:47) - simboss: so it is compatible with both<BR>
+(17:09:50) - sfarber: yep.<BR>
+(17:09:52) - simboss: Java2D and JAI<BR>
+(17:10:02) - sfarber: Ahh.<BR>
+(17:10:05) - simboss: it has all the basic method for tiling<BR>
+(17:10:13) - simboss: tile caching<BR>
+(17:10:23) - simboss: converting to bufferedimage<BR>
+(17:11:10) - simboss: it has the base concepts for building processing chains<BR>
+(17:11:30) - simboss: basically directed acyclic graphs of image processing operations<BR>
+(17:11:47) - simboss: it has the capability to use tile scheduling<BR>
+(17:11:52) - simboss: to cut it short<BR>
+(17:11:58) - sfarber: So I need to implement &apos;getRaster(tilex, tiley)&apos; in a class extending PlanarImage, mapping that tile x/y onton my back-end data source.<BR>
+(17:12:02) - simboss: it is the base block for robust raster management<BR>
+(17:12:15) - simboss: (I am getting there <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> )<BR>
+(17:12:25) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(17:12:25) - sfarber: cool, I&apos;ll be more patient.<BR>
+(17:12:30) - simboss: but planarimage is abstract<BR>
+(17:12:33) - simboss: so you need<BR>
+(17:12:37) - simboss: specializations<BR>
+(17:12:45) - simboss: think about the nodes of the chains <BR>
+(17:12:54) - simboss: we talked about at the beginnng<BR>
+(17:13:04) - simboss: usually the very first one<BR>
+(17:13:11) - simboss: is connected to a data source<BR>
+(17:13:16) - simboss: that can be both on disk<BR>
+(17:13:20) - simboss: on memory<BR>
+(17:13:22) - simboss: or in a db<BR>
+(17:13:27) - simboss: our case <BR>
+(17:13:35) - simboss: db or disk is quite the same<BR>
+(17:13:56) - simboss: raeding a raster into a planar image subclass<BR>
+(17:14:01) - simboss: is an operation<BR>
+(17:14:06) - simboss: maybe the simplest <BR>
+(17:14:09) - simboss: but it is an operation<BR>
+(17:14:13) - simboss: and there is an operator<BR>
+(17:14:15) - simboss: for doing so<BR>
+(17:15:09) - simboss: called ImageReadOpImage<BR>
+(17:15:11) - simboss: if I am right<BR>
+(17:16:02) - simboss: yeah<BR>
+(17:16:10) - simboss: ImageReadOpImage<BR>
+(17:16:29) - simboss: that basically extends some subclasses of PlanarImage<BR>
+(17:16:32) - simboss: to provide you<BR>
+(17:16:35) - simboss: with a planar image<BR>
+(17:16:37) - JonathanWong: thanks for your help simboss, im off and i&apos;ll see about that code, as i said, it shoudn&apos;t be a problem<BR>
+(17:16:45) - simboss: that is backed by<BR>
+(17:16:50) - simboss: (coolman, take care)<BR>
+(17:16:58) - simboss: a file on some storage<BR>
+(17:17:05) - JonathanWong left the room (quit: ).<BR>
+(17:17:09) - simboss: you still there saul ?<BR>
+(17:17:25) - simboss: I am afraid I made you fell asleep<BR>
+(17:17:27) - simboss: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(17:17:45) - sfarber: nope, not asleep!<BR>
+(17:17:52) - sfarber: trying to find javadocs for ImageReadOpImage<BR>
+(17:17:53) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(17:18:01) - simboss: you won&apos;t find<BR>
+(17:18:11) - simboss: youhave to download imageio code<BR>
+(17:18:11) - sfarber: yeah, discovering that.<BR>
+(17:18:17) - cholmes: when you guys finish could you post this log?  Just post it in the news as a breakout irc, and then you probably want to link from the WCS documentation, as there&apos;s valuable stuff here for anyone wanting to implement.<BR>
+(17:18:28) - sfarber: Will do chris.<BR>
+(17:18:36) - cholmes: And it sounds like we&apos;re going to have people wanting to implement more readers <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(17:18:45) - simboss: hopefully<BR>
+(17:18:47) - simboss: <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(17:18:52) - simboss: ok<BR>
+(17:18:56) - simboss: we reached the point<BR>
+(17:19:05) - simboss: that the node of the chain<BR>
+(17:19:12) - simboss: to do Input<BR>
+(17:19:16) - simboss: is ImageReadOpImage<BR>
+(17:19:25) - simboss: but how can you impement new readers?<BR>
+(17:19:56) - simboss: ( I should charge for this <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> )<BR>
+(17:20:12) - simboss: not surprisingly you need to write <BR>
+(17:20:16) - simboss: and ImageIO plugin<BR>
+(17:20:28) - simboss: subclassing ImageReader class<BR>
+(17:20:42) - simboss: there you will have to implement the logic to load tiles<BR>
+(17:20:46) - simboss: and do subsetting<BR>
+(17:20:48) - simboss: decimation<BR>
+(17:20:52) - simboss: and whatever you want<BR>
+(17:20:56) - simboss: and you will get for free<BR>
+(17:21:00) - simboss: -tile caching<BR>
+(17:21:04) - simboss: -ile recycling<BR>
+(17:21:21) - simboss: -multithreaded tile schedulin<BR>
+(17:21:35) - simboss: -i/o control framework<BR>
+(17:21:50) - simboss: -extensible read and write param<BR>
+(17:21:54) - simboss: and last but not least<BR>
+(17:22:03) - simboss: extensible streams for doing i/o<BR>
+(17:22:08) - simboss: so<BR>
+(17:22:09) - simboss: in the end<BR>
+(17:22:12) - simboss: the key<BR>
+(17:22:13) - simboss: is<BR>
+(17:22:20) - simboss: writing plugins for the ImageIO lib<BR>
+(17:22:31) - simboss: which is not a trivual task by itself<BR>
+(17:22:42) - simboss: but I have been doing this for months<BR>
+(17:22:46) - simboss: and I can tell you <BR>
+(17:22:50) - simboss: that it is way cool<BR>
+(17:22:53) - simboss: next week<BR>
+(17:23:00) - simboss: I shoudl release<BR>
+(17:23:05) - simboss: the new asciigrid plugin<BR>
+(17:23:16) - simboss: a friend of mine implemented it as a univ project<BR>
+(17:23:18) - simboss: I tok it<BR>
+(17:23:21) - simboss: and improve<BR>
+(17:23:38) - simboss: it is able to read asscci grids of 200 mb <BR>
+(17:23:43) - simboss: very very fast<BR>
+(17:23:51) - simboss: and also put them<BR>
+(17:24:04) - simboss: behind an ImageReadOpImage<BR>
+(17:24:25) - simboss: One last annotation<BR>
+(17:24:37) - simboss: You will not find javadoc of ImageReadOpImage<BR>
+(17:24:38) - simboss: because<BR>
+(17:24:43) - simboss: you are not supposed to see it<BR>
+(17:24:51) - simboss: this is an architectural thing of JAI-ImageIO<BR>
+(17:24:59) - sfarber: yeah,.<BR>
+(17:25:04) - simboss: you play with nodes that are called RenderedOp<BR>
+(17:25:14) - simboss: (or RenderableOp but this another story)<BR>
+(17:25:27) - simboss: and they basically wrap things <BR>
+(17:25:33) - simboss: like ImagereadOpImage<BR>
+(17:25:45) - simboss: or FilteredSubsampleOp<BR>
+(17:25:50) - simboss: or the like<BR>
+(17:25:57) - simboss: to provide a unique interface<BR>
+(17:26:02) - simboss: between processing nodes<BR>
+(17:26:08) - simboss: If I had time<BR>
+(17:26:14) - simboss: I should write some articles on this<BR>
+(17:26:31) - simboss: I am realizing that it would be cool since there is no documentaion around<BR>
+(17:26:33) - simboss: done!!!<BR>
+(17:26:41) - sfarber: cool!<BR>
+(17:26:47) - simboss: now you can wake up <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+(17:27:06) - simboss: I hope it helped a bit<BR>
+(17:28:22) - sfarber: Indeed.  I&apos;ll probably have some specific questions when I get around to writing classes, but for now that&apos;s awesome.  Thanks!<BR>
+(17:28:46) - simboss: cool man<BR>
+(17:29:05) - simboss: about the raster symbolizer<BR>
+(17:29:14) - simboss: Alessio and me<BR>
+(17:29:19) - simboss: did dome initial wor<BR>
+(17:29:21) - simboss: work<BR>
+(17:29:22) - sfarber: I&apos;ll post this chat, and then we can distill it down to a guide when we get the chance.<BR>
+(17:29:24) - simboss: to get ti work again<BR>
+(17:29:42) - simboss: but still a lot of work needs to be done<BR>
+(17:29:47) - simboss: when martin will be back<BR>
+(17:29:48) - sfarber: So there&apos;s an &quot;old&quot; version that&apos;s kind of busted?<BR>
+(17:29:54) - simboss: I will discuss this with him<BR>
+(17:30:02) - sfarber: excellent.<BR>
+(17:30:04) - simboss: right now<BR>
+(17:30:14) - simboss: it does min/max scale<BR>
+(17:30:22) - simboss: plus some palette trasnformation<BR>
+(17:30:29) - simboss: I will put an example<BR>
+(17:30:33) - simboss: inside the geoserver next week<BR>
+(17:30:42) - sfarber: cool.</P>
+        <STYLE>
+        .diffadded{background: #ddffdd;padding:1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid darkgreen;}
+        .diffdeleted{color:#999;background: #ffdddd;padding: 1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid darkred;}
+        .diffnochange{padding:1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid #d3d3d3;}
+        .differror{background:brown;}
+        .diff{font-family:lucida console, courier new, fixed-width;font-size: 12px;line-height: 14px;}
+        .diffaddedchars{background-color:#99ff99;font-weight:bolder;}
+        .diffremovedchars{background-color:#ff9999;text-decoration: line-through;font-weight:bolder;}
+        .diffnav{display:none;}
+    </STYLE>
+
+    <DIV style="margin-top:50px; border:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+        <DIV style="background-color:#E5E5E5; height:30px; padding:5px; margin-bottom:5px; border-bottom:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+            <DIV style="float:left">
+                <H4 style="margin:0; padding:0 ">Changes between <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GEOS/2006/07/27/Breakout%20Coverage%20Plugin%20IRC%20meeting%207-27-2006?pageVersion=1">revision 1</A> and <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GEOS/2006/07/27/Breakout%20Coverage%20Plugin%20IRC%20meeting%207-27-2006">revision 2</A>:</H4>
+            </DIV>
+            <DIV style="float:right" class="smalltext">
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/pages/viewpreviouspageversions.action?pageId=58839">view all revisions</A> |
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/pages/revertpagebacktoversion.action?pageId=58839&version=1">revert page to version 1</A>
+            </DIV>
+        </DIV>
+        <DIV style="margin:5px;">
+            <TABLE>
+                <TR><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%"><A name="change0"></A>&nbsp;</TD><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%">&nbsp;<TD class="diffadded">Summary: simboss drops some knowledge on how to write grid coverage plugins.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">&nbsp;</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:18) - simboss: (i know I am boring but I might be able to give you some simple solutions)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:22) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:30) - JonathanWong: no problem</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:32) - simboss: what about georeferencing information?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:43) - simboss: do you store them in an header</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:46) - simboss: or separately?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:51) - JonathanWong: thats contained in the file</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:32:53) - JonathanWong: as a header</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:01) - simboss: cool</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:05) - simboss: one last question</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:09) - simboss: what about tiling?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:18) - JonathanWong: no</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:20) - simboss: did you took that into account?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:28) - simboss: possibility to decimate on reading</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:40) - simboss: decimation=subsampling</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:33:49) - simboss: ?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:34:29) - JonathanWong: no, you have to stream to the value you want</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:34:33) - JonathanWong: well i think its like that</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:34:50) - JonathanWong: i didnt develop the library to access the data in the file</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:01) - JonathanWong: i only a few details of the files make-up</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:13) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:19) - simboss: I am asking all these questions</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:22) - simboss: about the format itself</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:32) - simboss: since inside ImageIO there already the capability</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:36) - simboss: to read natively</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:43) - simboss: binary files</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:35:51) - simboss: I am using that inside the GTOPO30 plugin</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:00) - simboss: and it is simple fantastic </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:04) - simboss: very very fast</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:09) - simboss: support tiling</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:11) - simboss: and decimation</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:21) - JonathanWong: its not binary file with just data in it, the file kinda represents a file system</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:33) - simboss: yeah</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:39) - simboss: and plus we have an header</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:41) - JonathanWong: at the start of the file is header information</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:36:49) - simboss: hence no easy ImageIO solution :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:04) - JonathanWong: then there are record headers giving information to each grid (a grid is a record)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:15) - JonathanWong: then follows the grid data</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:24) - simboss: I see...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:30) - JonathanWong: a bit like a FAT</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:32) - simboss: much like a grib file</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:45) - simboss: a file made up of multiple records</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:47) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:37:53) - simboss: I think I got it</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:38:10) - simboss: how much time do you have to spend on this?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:38:14) - JonathanWong: i&apos;m not similiar with gribs make up, but i know they are quite different</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:38:30) - JonathanWong: im guessing about 1week</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:38:31) - simboss: I mean</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:38:41) - simboss: do you need something very very quickly</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:38:48) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:38:53) - simboss: that is quickly :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:39:12) - JonathanWong: spending about 8 hours a day on it.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:39:40) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:39:50) - simboss: here is the issues</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:39:53) - simboss: up to now</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:39:58) - simboss: the geoserver is built for managing</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:40:02) - simboss: 2d grids</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:40:26) - JonathanWong: I&apos;ve already got geoserver to find my new file format. after extending the gridcoverage classes in geotools</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:40:39) - simboss: while your file will have multiple coverages in it</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:40:48) - simboss: (that&apos;s great man)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:41:03) - simboss: up to now geoserver would only use the first one</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:41:11) - JonathanWong: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:41:15) - simboss: changing this would not be too difficult</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:41:33) - simboss: and it is something we should do next week </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:41:40) - simboss: on purpose for grib files</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:42:02) - simboss: (remove should, add will since it is a customer requirement)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:42:32) - simboss: If you need something quick and not too dirty</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:42:35) - simboss: I am pretty sure</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:42:42) - JonathanWong: you don&apos;t have to go that far for me...lol</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:42:45) - simboss: that in a week or at most 10 days</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:42:58) - simboss: we should get you there</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:43:38) - simboss: do not worry this help me focus on the path</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:43:44) - simboss: I have too many other things to do </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:43:48) - simboss: at the same time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:43:50) - simboss: deadlines</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:43:51) - JonathanWong: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:44:00) - simboss: make sharp</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:44:02) - simboss: :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:44:21) - JonathanWong: do you know of any documentation for creating new coverage plugins to support new file formats</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:44:30) - simboss: neve had time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:44:34) - simboss: to write some</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:44:35) - simboss: :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:44:58) - simboss: tell me where you are right now </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:45:03) - simboss: and what you already did</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:45:41) - JonathanWong: after a lot of searching, I realised I had to implement four interfaces</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:45:42) - JonathanWong: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Developing+GridCoverage+Formats</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:46:19) - JonathanWong: i&apos;ve almost done that expect the read and write methods.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:46:40) - JonathanWong: i wrapped it in a jar and stuck it in the lib/ folder</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:46:47) - simboss: cool</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:47:17) - JonathanWong: restarted geoserver and went to Config-&amp;gt;Data-&amp;gt;CoveragePlugins in the web admin and my file format showed up</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:47:40) - simboss: k</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:47:55) - simboss: this means that your factory is fine</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:48:00) - JonathanWong: I tried to add a file of my format as a coverage store, but couldn&apos;t do it because I hadn&apos;t implemented the read method</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:48:27) - JonathanWong: so at the moment I&apos;ll be doing that.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:49:19) - JonathanWong: I was wondering if there was any doc to help me a bit, none of the api doc for GeoTools is filled. I only know the methods I have to implement, not what they mean or suppose to do exactly</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:49:41) - simboss: sorry about that </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:49:56) - simboss: but the best documentation availaible is</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:50:06) - simboss: lokking at the other plugin</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:50:38) - simboss: would it be a problem for you to share your code?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:50:49) - simboss: so that I can take a look and give some help?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:51:44) - JonathanWong: it shouldn&apos;t be. I&apos;d have to find out from my supervisor, but I don&apos;t think it will. I don&apos;t have the code on me at the moment, it&apos;s on a machine at work</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:52:49) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:52:54) - simboss: tomorrow</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:05) - simboss: I will be working</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:08) - simboss: on geoserver </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:13) - simboss: during the afternoon</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:25) - simboss: find out if you can share the code</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:28) - simboss: even temporarly</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:32) - JonathanWong: what country are you located?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:36) - simboss: italy</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:43) - JonathanWong: I&apos;m in the uk</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:45) - simboss: and i will try to help you out on this</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:52) - JonathanWong: thank you</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:53) - simboss: I guessed that from the email</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:56) - simboss: .uk</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:53:58) - simboss: :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:54:24) - simboss: I am smart even if I do not look like smart :-*</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:54:29) - simboss: :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:54:32) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:54:38) - JonathanWong: no probs</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:54:49) - simboss: find out if you can share the code</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:54:51) - simboss: if so </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:55:00) - simboss: we will find  some space </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:55:07) - JonathanWong: cool</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:55:08) - simboss: on an svn repository</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:55:23) - simboss: and in the end will put it on geotools if you want</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:55:51) - JonathanWong: We are trying to use a lot of open source software so I don&apos;t think it will be a problem</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:56:08) - simboss: fair enough</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:56:24) - simboss: sfarber</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:56:34) - sfarber: hi there!</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:56:45) - simboss: what were you saying about the arcsde rasters?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:57:15) - sfarber: I&apos;m in a similar position to Jonathan.  i&apos;d like to implement a coverage plugin for Arcsde stored rasters.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:57:37) - sfarber: Generally 3-banded, but possibly 4-banded.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:58:00) - sfarber: In the end, I think I&apos;ll be following a lot of the other coverage plugins...and probably emailing you guys a lot.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:58:16) - simboss: never played with them</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:58:25) - sfarber: Yeah, me neither.  Here&apos;s the javadocs:</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:58:26) - simboss: 3 or 4 band is no big deal</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:59:37) - sfarber: http://edndoc.esri.com/ardsde/9.1/</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(16:59:56) - sfarber: and, of course:</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:00:13) - sfarber: http://edndoc.esri.com/arcsde/9.1/java_api/docs/index.html</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:01:25) - sfarber: Any idea of whether the SLD for rasters is supported by the geotools SLD renderer?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:01:38) - simboss: I am checking the link...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:02:49) - simboss: It seems quite cool</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:02:55) - simboss: not the easiest thing to do </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:02:57) - simboss: but quite cool</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:03:02) - simboss: it has tiling</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:04:01) - simboss: it has color map </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:04:05) - sfarber: How is tiling going to work for me?  I sort-of figured I&apos;d get a geographic extent, and then just ask the raster band for the data inside that extent.  What does tiling give me?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:04:25) - sfarber: Let me ask the above question slightly differently.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:05:24) - sfarber: What does the GridCoverageReader return?  Is the plugin expected to return a BufferedImage (or similar), or does it simply return the raw data and let a central raster-renderer handle the translation fromdata to image?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:06:38) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:06:50) - simboss: How much do you know about JAI and ImageIO?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:07:39) - sfarber: I&apos;ve used ImageIO.read(), and I at one point used JAI to composite an 8-bit indexed PNG onto another 24-bit channeled PNG.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:08:00) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:08:07) - simboss: here it is the full explanation</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:08:23) - simboss: (maybe we should this hence I do not think I have never explained this)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:08:29) - simboss: the back end of a  grid coverage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:08:34) - simboss: is a panarimage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:08:40) - sfarber: Sure.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:08:40) - simboss: planarimage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:12) - simboss: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/forDevelopers/jai-apidocs/javax/media/jai/PlanarImage.html</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:17) - simboss: if you look at it</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:24) - simboss: you will se that is an abstract class</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:35) - simboss: implementing RenderedImage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:38) - simboss: plus ImageJAI</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:47) - simboss: so it is compatible with both</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:50) - sfarber: yep.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:09:52) - simboss: Java2D and JAI</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:10:02) - sfarber: Ahh.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:10:05) - simboss: it has all the basic method for tiling</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:10:13) - simboss: tile caching</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:10:23) - simboss: converting to bufferedimage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:11:10) - simboss: it has the base concepts for building processing chains</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:11:30) - simboss: basically directed acyclic graphs of image processing operations</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:11:47) - simboss: it has the capability to use tile scheduling</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:11:52) - simboss: to cut it short</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:11:58) - sfarber: So I need to implement &apos;getRaster(tilex, tiley)&apos; in a class extending PlanarImage, mapping that tile x/y onton my back-end data source.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:02) - simboss: it is the base block for robust raster management</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:15) - simboss: (I am getting there :-) )</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:25) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:25) - sfarber: cool, I&apos;ll be more patient.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:30) - simboss: but planarimage is abstract</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:33) - simboss: so you need</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:37) - simboss: specializations</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:45) - simboss: think about the nodes of the chains </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:12:54) - simboss: we talked about at the beginnng</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:04) - simboss: usually the very first one</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:11) - simboss: is connected to a data source</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:16) - simboss: that can be both on disk</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:20) - simboss: on memory</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:22) - simboss: or in a db</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:27) - simboss: our case </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:35) - simboss: db or disk is quite the same</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:13:56) - simboss: raeding a raster into a planar image subclass</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:14:01) - simboss: is an operation</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:14:06) - simboss: maybe the simplest </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:14:09) - simboss: but it is an operation</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:14:13) - simboss: and there is an operator</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:14:15) - simboss: for doing so</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:15:09) - simboss: called ImageReadOpImage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:15:11) - simboss: if I am right</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:02) - simboss: yeah</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:10) - simboss: ImageReadOpImage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:29) - simboss: that basically extends some subclasses of PlanarImage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:32) - simboss: to provide you</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:35) - simboss: with a planar image</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:37) - JonathanWong: thanks for your help simboss, im off and i&apos;ll see about that code, as i said, it shoudn&apos;t be a problem</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:45) - simboss: that is backed by</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:50) - simboss: (coolman, take care)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:16:58) - simboss: a file on some storage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:17:05) - JonathanWong left the room (quit: ).</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:17:09) - simboss: you still there saul ?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:17:25) - simboss: I am afraid I made you fell asleep</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:17:27) - simboss: :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:17:45) - sfarber: nope, not asleep!</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:17:52) - sfarber: trying to find javadocs for ImageReadOpImage</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:17:53) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:01) - simboss: you won&apos;t find</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:11) - simboss: youhave to download imageio code</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:11) - sfarber: yeah, discovering that.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:17) - cholmes: when you guys finish could you post this log?  Just post it in the news as a breakout irc, and then you probably want to link from the WCS documentation, as there&apos;s valuable stuff here for anyone wanting to implement.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:28) - sfarber: Will do chris.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:36) - cholmes: And it sounds like we&apos;re going to have people wanting to implement more readers :)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:45) - simboss: hopefully</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:47) - simboss: :-)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:52) - simboss: ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">(17:18:56) - simboss: we reached the point</TD></TR>

[... 1012 lines stripped ...]


Mime
View raw message