activemq-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From jstrac...@apache.org
Subject svn commit: r414189 [2/3] - /incubator/activemq/site/
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:54:36 GMT
Modified: incubator/activemq/site/news.html
URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/activemq/site/news.html?rev=414189&r1=414188&r2=414189&view=diff
==============================================================================
--- incubator/activemq/site/news.html (original)
+++ incubator/activemq/site/news.html Wed Jun 14 03:54:32 2006
@@ -80,6 +80,7 @@
 <H3><A name="Navigation-Community"></A><A href="community.html" title="Community">Community</A></H3>
 
 <UL class="alternate" type="square">
+	<LI><A href="support.html" title="Support">Support</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="discussion-forums.html" title="Discussion Forums">Discussion Forums</A></LI>
 	<LI><A href="mailing-lists.html" title="Mailing Lists">Mailing Lists</A></LI>
 	<LI><SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://gmane.org/find.php?list=activemq" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">News Reader<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/confluence/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN></LI>
@@ -559,6 +560,1079 @@
         </TR>
                                             <TR>
                     <TD valign="top">
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/2006/06/14/IRC%20Logs%20June%2014th">IRC Logs June 14th (updated)</A></B>
+                        
+                                                                                                      <BR>
+                            <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
+    .tag {
+        font-style: italic;
+    }
+
+    .smalltext {
+        color: #666666;
+        font-size: 10px;
+    }
+</STYLE>
+<DIV id="PageContent">
+     <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
+                    News
+                            updated by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~jive">Jody Garnett</A></B> (<A href="mailto:jgarnett@refractions.net">jgarnett@refractions.net</A>) to
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GEOS/2006/06/14/IRC%20Logs%20June%2014th">revision 2</A>
+            on Jun 14, 2006 03:42.
+                    created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~jive">Jody Garnett</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:jgarnett@refractions.net">jgarnett@refractions.net</A>)        on Jun 14, 2006 03:41
+        </DIV>
+    <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
+            </DIV>
+    <P>Agenda: 1)changing meeting time 2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal 4) IRC breakout on 1.4.x.</P>
+
+<P>Actions:</P>
+<UL>
+	<LI>Move morning meeting 2 hours back</LI>
+	<LI>Send out PSC Mandate and start process</LI>
+	<LI>Approve Jesse&apos;s Proposal</LI>
+	<LI>Breakout IRC on thrusday 7am PST</LI>
+</UL>
+
+
+<P>jun 13 21:55:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	hi clint<BR>
+jun 13 21:55:49 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	and gabriel?<BR>
+jun 13 21:56:09 &lt;groldan&gt;	hi Jody<BR>
+jun 13 21:56:38 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Hi, apparently Justin is away picking up his mom <BR>
+from the airport.<BR>
+jun 13 21:56:42 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Hi Jesse.<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:00 &lt;groldan&gt;	good boy justin<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	anybody seen brent?<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:09 &lt;groldan&gt;	do we have a meeting today?<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:10 &lt;groldan&gt;	nope<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:20 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	yes we do, right now.<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I would like to do the earlier meeting as well if <BR>
+we can - simply so we can talk to Andrea in a more formal setting.<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:47 &lt;groldan&gt;	didn&apos;t had time to check out the email list, any <BR>
+agenda item already?<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:14 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	some left overs from last week.<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:33 &lt;clint_&gt;	Hi everyone///<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:43 &lt;groldan&gt;	hi Clint<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:59 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	PSC document was to be revised and adopted, wanted <BR>
+to kick of the proposal process (jesse has provided the first topic thanks <BR>
+jesse)<BR>
+jun 13 21:59:24 &lt;clint_&gt;	changing the earlier meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 21:59:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so with just us this will go quick, I had some <BR>
+technical 1.4.x questions for Justin - but perhaps I can ask clint_ instead?<BR>
+jun 13 21:59:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	how about you gabriel?<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:22 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m interested in changing the early meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:24 &lt;clint_&gt;	shoot..<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:31 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	oh, apparently TOPP email is out - so they are not <BR>
+just ignoring us.<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:51 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	gabriel want to run this meeting? should be <BR>
+quick ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:01:10 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok<BR>
+jun 13 22:01:31 &lt;groldan&gt;	1) early meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 22:01:53 &lt;groldan&gt;	2)PSC doc<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:02 &mdash;	jgarnett has changed the topic to: 1)changing meeting time <BR>
+2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:14 &lt;clint_&gt;	can we start?<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:15 &lt;groldan&gt;	3) jesse&apos;s new geoserver module?<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:16 &mdash;	jgarnett has changed the topic to: 1)changing meeting time <BR>
+2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal 4) IRC breakout on 1.4.x<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:49 &lt;groldan&gt;	Jesse_Eichar77, would you like to talk about your <BR>
+new geoserver module?<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:19 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	sure<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:29 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	Its pretty simple<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:32 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok, what was the feedback about the early meeting <BR>
+time?<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:50 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	would that be 5) geoserver module?<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:58 &lt;clint_&gt;	Andrea needs an earlier meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:14 &lt;clint_&gt;	there was a proposal for UTC 07:00am<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:23 &lt;clint_&gt;	I sent a mail about it..<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:30 &lt;clint_&gt;	to the geoserver list<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:35 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	was thinking 3) proposal ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse I will copy your proposal to a page on <BR>
+GEOSDEV okay?<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:09 &lt;groldan&gt;	so nobody pronounced against or for it?<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:30 &lt;groldan&gt;	who is currently attending the early meeting? I <BR>
+guess nobody?<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:35 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	well the PSC is supposed to do that ... so perhaps <BR>
+we should just set that up  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/sad.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:05:42 &lt;clint_&gt;	Nobody..<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:53 &lt;clint_&gt;	I pitched this morn... nobody pitched<BR>
+jun 13 22:06:28 &lt;groldan&gt;	sounds like a headless geoserver or just a really <BR>
+bad time  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:06:59 &lt;clint_&gt;	The problem is andrea cannot make the current meeting <BR>
+times?<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:05 &lt;clint_&gt;	he wants to attend..?<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:14 &lt;groldan&gt;	And we need andrea<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:19 &lt;clint_&gt;	He asked really nicely <BR>
+jun 13 22:07:31 &lt;clint_&gt;	We surely do!!<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:48 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay I am in favour of moving the time to say 10am <BR>
+local time, back 3 hours from where it is now.<BR>
+jun 13 22:08:02 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	in work hours for those on this side of the drink.<BR>
+jun 13 22:08:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	clint your pitch was for 9am, I may be more lazy <BR>
+then that if we are staying up to talk to Jesse.<BR>
+jun 13 22:08:51 &lt;clint_&gt;	10am SAST is like 02am canadian<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:08 &lt;clint_&gt;	sorry 04:00am<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:25 &lt;clint_&gt;	and NY is 01:00 am<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:39 &lt;clint_&gt;	but they will attend the later meeting right?<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:46 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Gabriel, clint this one is up to you guys ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:52 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	they will attend the second meeting.<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:53 &lt;groldan&gt;	so we still don&apos;t have a time that fits both andrea <BR>
+and america<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:03 &lt;clint_&gt;	What time zone are you in Gabriel?<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:06 &lt;groldan&gt;	what about changing the date instead of the time?<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:16 &lt;groldan&gt;	I mean, I guess andrea could attend on wensday?<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:41 &lt;clint_&gt;	Jesse..<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:48 &lt;clint_&gt;	yahoo louiecwza<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:11 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	?<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	ack I am already in 2 nights late, got not internet <BR>
+at home ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:16 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m +1, +2 on summer time<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:54 &lt;groldan&gt;	that is, 9pm for the late meeting<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:15 &lt;clint_&gt;	jesse please add me to yahoo ==&gt; louiecwza<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:29 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	agreed, that is just <B>too</B> late for here, not safe <BR>
+to drive home at 10pm etc...<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:32 &lt;clint_&gt;	what is your yahoo?<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so gabriel what time during the day could you make?<BR>
+jun 13 22:13:19 &lt;groldan&gt;	time is going off, could we, people with immediate <BR>
+interests, arrange for a meeting time that fits andrea and us, at least <BR>
+temporally?<BR>
+jun 13 22:13:56 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay I will change the time ... next agenda item?<BR>
+jun 13 22:14:44 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	2) PSC proposal<BR>
+jun 13 22:15:15 &lt;groldan&gt;	we don&apos;t have Chris to complain here...  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:15:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	there were some corrections to be made, and we <BR>
+needed to choose between the commiters voting in the chair and/or the Chair.<BR>
+jun 13 22:16:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so what do we need to do here?<BR>
+jun 13 22:16:30 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	start the vote? update the page...<BR>
+jun 13 22:16:52 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I am still trying to update the meeting time.<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:03 &lt;groldan&gt;	I guess update the page and ask Chris for <BR>
+review/comments<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:24 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	nope we had two weeks of that already, lets make a <BR>
+decision here and now and get the voting going ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so lets get the chair to choose the first round of <BR>
+PSC? less process to start out with.<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Procedure for choosing the chair remains the same.<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:11 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m all for letting the ball rolling and adjust the <BR>
+points as needed. Do we have some more about proposals?<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:27 &lt;groldan&gt;	I guess that&apos;s what Chris wanted to see? formal <BR>
+proposals for changes<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	yes, and he got that. we needed to add the IP check <BR>
+in there.<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	but the proposal thing should be a seperate page?<BR>
+jun 13 22:21:13 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Clint meeting time updated: <BR>
+<SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/IRC" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/IRC<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+jun 13 22:21:32 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	here is the page we are talking about: <BR>
+<SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/0%20Project%20Steering%20Committee" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/0+Project+Steering+Committee<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+jun 13 22:21:42 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I will edit you guys want to tell me what to type?<BR>
+jun 13 22:22:34 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So for the &quot;Nomination Process&quot; &quot;Alternative B&quot; ?<BR>
+jun 13 22:23:13 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	or Alternative A?<BR>
+jun 13 22:24:20 &lt;groldan&gt;	hmmmm.... right now its hard to choose a chair <BR>
+besides Chris?<BR>
+jun 13 22:25:09 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So lets go with alternative A and ask the commiters <BR>
+to think ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:25:24 &lt;groldan&gt;	yes<BR>
+jun 13 22:25:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I am going to send an email to geoserver-devel <BR>
+about these IRC meetings, we are here to engage TOPP formally right now and <BR>
+not one of them is here. While it speaks to the need for a PSC it is hard to <BR>
+bootstrap.<BR>
+jun 13 22:26:38 &lt;groldan&gt;	and we have immediate needs that have to be <BR>
+addressed<BR>
+jun 13 22:26:38 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	updated the page, remembered to add IP to the list <BR>
+of things PSC responsible for minding<BR>
+jun 13 22:26:40 &lt;groldan&gt;	lets do that<BR>
+jun 13 22:27:01 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay page is updated.<BR>
+jun 13 22:27:34 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok, ask people to send votes to brent so?<BR>
+jun 13 22:28:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	3) proposal<BR>
+jun 13 22:28:13 &lt;groldan&gt;	the floor is yours<BR>
+jun 13 22:28:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I&apos;m the proposal?<BR>
+jun 13 22:29:34 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	Simple it is a spring module using spring <BR>
+remoting that allows preferences to be stored.  I&apos;m making a Hibernate <BR>
+implementation and probably a file implementation<BR>
+jun 13 22:29:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	(for testing)<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:02 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	it just takes key-value pairs and just <BR>
+strings for now.<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:13 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	It is based on the eclipse PreferenceStore<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Sent email out, if anybody can sanity check that <BR>
+page again, not sure I got all the feedback from last meeting  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/sad.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:30:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	interface<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse I would like to confirm that this module can <BR>
+be used by other modules to store their configuration?<BR>
+jun 13 22:31:03 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	(or should I say preferences?)<BR>
+jun 13 22:31:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	of course.  <BR>
+jun 13 22:31:30 &lt;groldan&gt;	was just going to ask that. So that&apos;s the value <BR>
+added by the module<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:01 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	exactly.  a client can set the <BR>
+configuration/preference and all the modules can use them.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:03 &lt;groldan&gt;	could you state a couple examples what an existing <BR>
+module would use it for?<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I like it jesse, the OpenSDI list argued about this <BR>
+for a month - this is the first progress I have seen.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:34 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	Just off the top of my head.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	A catalog could use it to hold its entries. A wms <BR>
+could use it to hold its SLD objects.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	wfs and wms both store configuration <BR>
+information.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	yeah sld docs too.<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:13 &lt;groldan&gt;	could a client use it to hold its state (may be as a <BR>
+WMC doc)<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:14 &lt;groldan&gt;	?<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:25 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	a client like udig could provide an <BR>
+alternative implementation for example.<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:30 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	no reason why not.<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:35 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I&apos;m not limiting its use.<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	it is just a preference store.<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	It is a service to store configuration.<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	accessible by the client or the modules.<BR>
+jun 13 22:34:35 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok, so you&apos;re going to set it up as a community <BR>
+module<BR>
+jun 13 22:34:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse, later could we allow for other ways to <BR>
+access this besides spring remoting? Wrap it up for mapserver to store its <BR>
+configuration into.<BR>
+jun 13 22:34:43 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	that&apos;s right<BR>
+jun 13 22:34:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	(MapServer people were on the OpenSDI list asking <BR>
+last year)<BR>
+jun 13 22:35:16 &lt;groldan&gt;	is spring remoting SOAP friendly? (sorry for my <BR>
+ignorance)<BR>
+jun 13 22:35:32 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	My original design was to have URL get <BR>
+requests be able to hit it.  I don&apos;t know SOAP so probably not going to do <BR>
+that.<BR>
+jun 13 22:36:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	not sure gabriel. Since it amounts to a java <BR>
+interface we can probably serve it up quite nicely using SOAP<BR>
+jun 13 22:37:22 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m just asking cause most people ask for that kind <BR>
+of standard web services<BR>
+jun 13 22:37:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Agreed, something to ask andrea about.<BR>
+jun 13 22:37:54 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m ok with it jesse, go ahead at least someone has <BR>
+something else to say<BR>
+jun 13 22:37:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	There are lots of choice to go from java bean to <BR>
+WSDL (aka service descriptor for SOAP)<BR>
+jun 13 22:38:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Thanks for doing the proposal thing Jesse, <BR>
+hopefully we will get better at this.<BR>
+jun 13 22:39:11 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So is that accepted for now?<BR>
+jun 13 22:39:32 &lt;clint_&gt;	jdbc:oracle:thin:@&lt;server&gt;<SPAN class="error">&#91;:&lt;1521&gt;&#93;</SPAN>:&lt;database_name&gt;<BR>
+jun 13 22:39:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	do you have svn access and so on Jesse?<BR>
+jun 13 22:39:41 &lt;clint_&gt;	for jesse<BR>
+jun 13 22:39:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	clint? I think you got the wrong window...<BR>
+jun 13 22:39:57 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	no<BR>
+jun 13 22:39:58 &lt;groldan&gt;	it is accepted<BR>
+jun 13 22:40:13 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	woo hoo!  I win!<BR>
+jun 13 22:40:19 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0">   Thanks<BR>
+jun 13 22:40:40 &lt;groldan&gt;	do modules will use it through api or service?<BR>
+jun 13 22:41:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	sent out the email<BR>
+jun 13 22:41:20 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I don&apos;t really know enough to give an <BR>
+informed answer.  <BR>
+jun 13 22:41:23 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	what do you think?<BR>
+jun 13 22:41:30 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	API is easier to program I think<BR>
+jun 13 22:41:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	and other systems can use it via service?<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:04 &lt;groldan&gt;	I like java land keep java, let remote for wonder <BR>
+land<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:10 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	um jesse what do you want to call your module? <BR>
+writing up the page ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:11 &lt;groldan&gt;	yes<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:41 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	preferences?  There is already a config <BR>
+module<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:41 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	gabriel with spring remoting their is no <BR>
+difference, the interface is used on the client side, they do their AOP <BR>
+wrapper magic to catch and remote all the calls<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:46 &lt;groldan&gt;	and nowadays its easier to do that<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:48 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	over to the server side where the implementation <BR>
+rests<BR>
+jun 13 22:42:48 &lt;groldan&gt;	exactly<BR>
+jun 13 22:43:28 &lt;groldan&gt;	will you call it just &quot;preferences&quot;?<BR>
+jun 13 22:44:14 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	preferences implies optional - as in service making <BR>
+use of preferences should be able to function regardless.<BR>
+jun 13 22:44:16 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Is that cool?<BR>
+jun 13 22:44:23 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	<BR>
+<SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/Proposal%20Preference%20Store%20Service" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/Proposal+Preference+Store+Service<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+jun 13 22:45:12 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	cool<BR>
+jun 13 22:45:14 &lt;groldan&gt;	thanks jody<BR>
+jun 13 22:45:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	apparently so cool it is cold.<BR>
+jun 13 22:45:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Last one - Justin did not make it - and via email I <BR>
+have expressed several concerns that I need addressed/answered.<BR>
+jun 13 22:45:41 &lt;groldan&gt;	4) 1.4.x<BR>
+jun 13 22:45:58 &lt;groldan&gt;	jgarnett, is that yours<BR>
+jun 13 22:46:08 &lt;groldan&gt;	or clint&apos;s<BR>
+jun 13 22:46:20 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Most of them come from talking to Andrea, so I <BR>
+would like to have an IRC breakout with Justin and Andrea &quot;sometime&quot; like <BR>
+tomorrow.<BR>
+jun 13 22:46:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So I better just choose a time, anounce and see if <BR>
+they can make it?<BR>
+jun 13 22:46:54 &lt;groldan&gt;	lets ask them for tomorrow at the usual late meeting <BR>
+time<BR>
+jun 13 22:47:02 &lt;groldan&gt;	wait, a bit earlier<BR>
+jun 13 22:47:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I cannot, got a dance class.<BR>
+jun 13 22:47:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	would be better I guess<BR>
+jun 13 22:47:20 &lt;groldan&gt;	I picking them on working time rather than dinner <BR>
+time<BR>
+jun 13 22:47:48 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse you are often around at 4 or 5 would that <BR>
+work out tomorrow?<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:05 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	tomorrow is bad.<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:12 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	or which 4?<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	yours or mine?<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:21 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay how about the day after  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:48:23 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	my 4<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:27 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	your like 7am?<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:29 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	ok tomorrow is ok<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:32 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	ok ish<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:45 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	today is the 8th year anniversay so I don&apos;t <BR>
+know how I&apos;ll be tomorrow at 7<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	well what would remove the &quot;ish&quot;<BR>
+jun 13 22:48:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	heh<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:01 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	congrats<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:04 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	thursday might be better.<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:09 &lt;clint_&gt;	aniversay..<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:18 &lt;clint_&gt;	marriage?<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	thurs it is<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:24 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	almost<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:26 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	<IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/tongue.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+jun 13 22:49:32 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	never got around to that.<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	sly<BR>
+jun 13 22:49:53 &lt;clint_&gt;	so what is the aniversary?<BR>
+jun 13 22:50:02 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	8 years together<BR>
+jun 13 22:50:05 &lt;clint_&gt;	thurs got squash<BR>
+jun 13 22:50:12 &lt;clint_&gt;	oh ok<BR>
+jun 13 22:50:15 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I can be up at 5 thought<BR>
+jun 13 22:50:18 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	tomorrow<BR>
+jun 13 22:50:26 &lt;groldan&gt;	still up...<BR>
+jun 13 22:50:38 &lt;groldan&gt;	<IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/tongue.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+jun 13 22:50:39 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	somea won&apos;t let me sleep in any longer <BR>
+anyhow.<BR>
+jun 13 22:51:33 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay sent the email - I got stop sending email - <BR>
+darn coup is hard to pull off.<BR>
+jun 13 22:51:57 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so gabriel can we go home now? it is 1hr <BR>
+exactly  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:52:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	go go go!<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:22 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	ok<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:23 &lt;groldan&gt;	and thanks for the help in running the meeting, I&apos;m <BR>
+a newbe  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:52:35 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	adios gabriel  <BR>
+jun 13 22:52:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	hey who wants to post the logs? (last job of <BR>
+running the meeting)<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:40 &lt;clint_&gt;	seeya<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:42 &lt;clint_&gt;	gabby<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:47 &lt;clint_&gt;	opps..<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:47 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;ll do<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:48 &lt;clint_&gt;	sorry<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:49 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	gabby indeed.<BR>
+jun 13 22:52:57 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	thanks gabriel.<BR>
+jun 13 22:53:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	thanks you guys, gabi is ok.<BR>
+jun 13 22:53:29 &lt;groldan&gt;	(gaby is mostly used for females  <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/smile.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"> <BR>
+jun 13 22:54:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	don&apos;t tell me that<BR>
+jun 13 22:54:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jody is the guy spelling<BR>
+jun 13 22:54:59 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jodi for femails (or Jodie)<BR>
+jun 13 22:55:06 &lt;groldan&gt;	ha ha<BR>
+jun 13 22:56:05 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	later!</P>
+        <STYLE>
+        .diffadded{background: #ddffdd;padding:1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid darkgreen;}
+        .diffdeleted{color:#999;background: #ffdddd;padding: 1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid darkred;}
+        .diffnochange{padding:1px 1px 1px 4px;border-left: 4px solid #d3d3d3;}
+        .differror{background:brown;}
+        .diff{font-family:lucida console, courier new, fixed-width;font-size: 12px;line-height: 14px;}
+        .diffaddedchars{background-color:#99ff99;font-weight:bolder;}
+        .diffremovedchars{background-color:#ff9999;text-decoration: line-through;font-weight:bolder;}
+        .diffnav{display:none;}
+    </STYLE>
+
+    <DIV style="margin-top:50px; border:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+        <DIV style="background-color:#E5E5E5; height:30px; padding:5px; margin-bottom:5px; border-bottom:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+            <DIV style="float:left">
+                <H4 style="margin:0; padding:0 ">Changes between <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GEOS/2006/06/14/IRC%20Logs%20June%2014th?pageVersion=1">revision 1</A> and <A href="http://goopen.org/display/GEOS/2006/06/14/IRC%20Logs%20June%2014th">revision 2</A>:</H4>
+            </DIV>
+            <DIV style="float:right" class="smalltext">
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/pages/viewpreviouspageversions.action?pageId=54501">view all revisions</A> |
+            <A href="http://goopen.org/pages/revertpagebacktoversion.action?pageId=54501&version=1">revert page to version 1</A>
+            </DIV>
+        </DIV>
+        <DIV style="margin:5px;">
+            <TABLE>
+                <TR><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%"><A name="change0"></A>&nbsp;</TD><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%">&nbsp;<TD class="diffdeleted">{excerpt}Agenda: 1)changing meeting time </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffdeleted">&nbsp;</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffdeleted">Actions: </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffdeleted">&nbsp;</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%"><A name="change0"></A>&nbsp;</TD><TD valign="top" class="diffnav" width="1%">&nbsp;<TD class="diffadded">{excerpt}Agenda: 1)changing meeting time <SPAN class="diffaddedchars">2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal 4) IRC breakout on 1.4.x.</SPAN> </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">&nbsp;</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">Actions: </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">&nbsp;</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">* Send out PSC Mandate and start process</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">* Approve Jesse&apos;s Proposal</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">* Breakout IRC on thrusday 7am PST</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffadded">{excerpt}</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:55:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	hi clint</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:55:49 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	and gabriel?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:56:09 &lt;groldan&gt;	hi Jody</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:56:38 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Hi, apparently Justin is away picking up his mom </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">from the airport.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:56:42 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Hi Jesse.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:57:00 &lt;groldan&gt;	good boy justin</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:57:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	anybody seen brent?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:57:09 &lt;groldan&gt;	do we have a meeting today?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:57:10 &lt;groldan&gt;	nope</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:57:20 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	yes we do, right now.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:57:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I would like to do the earlier meeting as well if </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">we can - simply so we can talk to Andrea in a more formal setting.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:57:47 &lt;groldan&gt;	didn&apos;t had time to check out the email list, any </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">agenda item already?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:58:14 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	some left overs from last week.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:58:33 &lt;clint_&gt;	Hi everyone///</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:58:43 &lt;groldan&gt;	hi Clint</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:58:59 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	PSC document was to be revised and adopted, wanted </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">to kick of the proposal process (jesse has provided the first topic thanks </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jesse)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:59:24 &lt;clint_&gt;	changing the earlier meeting time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:59:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so with just us this will go quick, I had some </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">technical 1.4.x questions for Justin - but perhaps I can ask clint_ instead?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 21:59:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	how about you gabriel?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:00:22 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m interested in changing the early meeting time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:00:24 &lt;clint_&gt;	shoot..</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:00:31 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	oh, apparently TOPP email is out - so they are not </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">just ignoring us.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:00:51 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	gabriel want to run this meeting? should be </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">quick ...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:01:10 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:01:31 &lt;groldan&gt;	1) early meeting time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:01:53 &lt;groldan&gt;	2)PSC doc</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:02:02 ---	jgarnett has changed the topic to: 1)changing meeting time </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:02:14 &lt;clint_&gt;	can we start?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:02:15 &lt;groldan&gt;	3) jesse&apos;s new geoserver module?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:02:16 ---	jgarnett has changed the topic to: 1)changing meeting time </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal 4) IRC breakout on 1.4.x</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:02:49 &lt;groldan&gt;	Jesse_Eichar77, would you like to talk about your </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">new geoserver module?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:03:19 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	sure</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:03:29 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	Its pretty simple</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:03:32 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok, what was the feedback about the early meeting </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">time?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:03:50 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	would that be 5) geoserver module?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:03:58 &lt;clint_&gt;	Andrea needs an earlier meeting time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:04:14 &lt;clint_&gt;	there was a proposal for UTC 07:00am</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:04:23 &lt;clint_&gt;	I sent a mail about it..</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:04:30 &lt;clint_&gt;	to the geoserver list</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:04:35 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	was thinking 3) proposal ...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:04:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse I will copy your proposal to a page on </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">GEOSDEV okay?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:05:09 &lt;groldan&gt;	so nobody pronounced against or for it?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:05:30 &lt;groldan&gt;	who is currently attending the early meeting? I </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">guess nobody?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:05:35 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	well the PSC is supposed to do that ... so perhaps </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">we should just set that up  :-( </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:05:42 &lt;clint_&gt;	Nobody..</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:05:53 &lt;clint_&gt;	I pitched this morn... nobody pitched</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:06:28 &lt;groldan&gt;	sounds like a headless geoserver or just a really </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">bad time  ;) </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:06:59 &lt;clint_&gt;	The problem is andrea cannot make the current meeting </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">times?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:07:05 &lt;clint_&gt;	he wants to attend..?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:07:14 &lt;groldan&gt;	And we need andrea</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:07:19 &lt;clint_&gt;	He asked really nicely </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:07:31 &lt;clint_&gt;	We surely do!!</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:07:48 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay I am in favour of moving the time to say 10am </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">local time, back 3 hours from where it is now.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:08:02 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	in work hours for those on this side of the drink.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:08:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	clint your pitch was for 9am, I may be more lazy </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">then that if we are staying up to talk to Jesse.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:08:51 &lt;clint_&gt;	10am SAST is like 02am canadian</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:09:08 &lt;clint_&gt;	sorry 04:00am</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:09:25 &lt;clint_&gt;	and NY is 01:00 am</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:09:39 &lt;clint_&gt;	but they will attend the later meeting right?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:09:46 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Gabriel, clint this one is up to you guys ...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:09:52 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	they will attend the second meeting.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:09:53 &lt;groldan&gt;	so we still don&apos;t have a time that fits both andrea </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">and america</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:10:03 &lt;clint_&gt;	What time zone are you in Gabriel?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:10:06 &lt;groldan&gt;	what about changing the date instead of the time?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:10:16 &lt;groldan&gt;	I mean, I guess andrea could attend on wensday?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:10:41 &lt;clint_&gt;	Jesse..</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:10:48 &lt;clint_&gt;	yahoo louiecwza</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:11:11 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:11:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	ack I am already in 2 nights late, got not internet </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">at home ...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:11:16 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m +1, +2 on summer time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:11:54 &lt;groldan&gt;	that is, 9pm for the late meeting</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:12:15 &lt;clint_&gt;	jesse please add me to yahoo ==&gt; louiecwza</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:12:29 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	agreed, that is just *too* late for here, not safe </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">to drive home at 10pm etc...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:12:32 &lt;clint_&gt;	what is your yahoo?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:12:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so gabriel what time during the day could you make?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:13:19 &lt;groldan&gt;	time is going off, could we, people with immediate </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">interests, arrange for a meeting time that fits andrea and us, at least </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">temporally?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:13:56 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay I will change the time ... next agenda item?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:14:44 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	2) PSC proposal</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:15:15 &lt;groldan&gt;	we don&apos;t have Chris to complain here...  ;) </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:15:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	there were some corrections to be made, and we </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">needed to choose between the commiters voting in the chair and/or the Chair.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:16:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so what do we need to do here?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:16:30 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	start the vote? update the page...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:16:52 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I am still trying to update the meeting time.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:18:03 &lt;groldan&gt;	I guess update the page and ask Chris for </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">review/comments</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:18:24 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	nope we had two weeks of that already, lets make a </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">decision here and now and get the voting going ...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:18:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so lets get the chair to choose the first round of </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">PSC? less process to start out with.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:18:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Procedure for choosing the chair remains the same.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:20:11 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m all for letting the ball rolling and adjust the </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">points as needed. Do we have some more about proposals?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:20:27 &lt;groldan&gt;	I guess that&apos;s what Chris wanted to see? formal </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">proposals for changes</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:20:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	yes, and he got that. we needed to add the IP check </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">in there.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:20:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	but the proposal thing should be a seperate page?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:21:13 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Clint meeting time updated: </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/IRC</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:21:32 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	here is the page we are talking about: </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/0+Project+Steering+Committee</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:21:42 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I will edit you guys want to tell me what to type?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:22:34 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So for the &quot;Nomination Process&quot; &quot;Alternative B&quot; ?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:23:13 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	or Alternative A?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:24:20 &lt;groldan&gt;	hmmmm.... right now its hard to choose a chair </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">besides Chris?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:25:09 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So lets go with alternative A and ask the commiters </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">to think ...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:25:24 &lt;groldan&gt;	yes</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:25:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I am going to send an email to geoserver-devel </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">about these IRC meetings, we are here to engage TOPP formally right now and </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">not one of them is here. While it speaks to the need for a PSC it is hard to </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">bootstrap.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:26:38 &lt;groldan&gt;	and we have immediate needs that have to be </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">addressed</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:26:38 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	updated the page, remembered to add IP to the list </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">of things PSC responsible for minding</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:26:40 &lt;groldan&gt;	lets do that</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:27:01 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay page is updated.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:27:34 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok, ask people to send votes to brent so?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:28:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	3) proposal</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:28:13 &lt;groldan&gt;	the floor is yours</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:28:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I&apos;m the proposal?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:29:34 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	Simple it is a spring module using spring </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">remoting that allows preferences to be stored.  I&apos;m making a Hibernate </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">implementation and probably a file implementation</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:29:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	(for testing)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:30:02 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	it just takes key-value pairs and just </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">strings for now.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:30:13 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	It is based on the eclipse PreferenceStore</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:30:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Sent email out, if anybody can sanity check that </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">page again, not sure I got all the feedback from last meeting  :-( </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:30:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	interface</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:30:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse I would like to confirm that this module can </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">be used by other modules to store their configuration?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:31:03 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	(or should I say preferences?)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:31:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	of course.  </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:31:30 &lt;groldan&gt;	was just going to ask that. So that&apos;s the value </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">added by the module</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:32:01 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	exactly.  a client can set the </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">configuration/preference and all the modules can use them.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:32:03 &lt;groldan&gt;	could you state a couple examples what an existing </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">module would use it for?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:32:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I like it jesse, the OpenSDI list argued about this </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">for a month - this is the first progress I have seen.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:32:34 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	Just off the top of my head.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:32:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	A catalog could use it to hold its entries. A wms </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">could use it to hold its SLD objects.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:32:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	wfs and wms both store configuration </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">information.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:32:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	yeah sld docs too.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:13 &lt;groldan&gt;	could a client use it to hold its state (may be as a </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">WMC doc)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:14 &lt;groldan&gt;	?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:25 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	a client like udig could provide an </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">alternative implementation for example.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:30 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	no reason why not.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:35 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I&apos;m not limiting its use.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	it is just a preference store.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	It is a service to store configuration.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:33:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	accessible by the client or the modules.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:34:35 &lt;groldan&gt;	ok, so you&apos;re going to set it up as a community </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">module</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:34:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse, later could we allow for other ways to </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">access this besides spring remoting? Wrap it up for mapserver to store its </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">configuration into.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:34:43 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	that&apos;s right</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:34:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	(MapServer people were on the OpenSDI list asking </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">last year)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:35:16 &lt;groldan&gt;	is spring remoting SOAP friendly? (sorry for my </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">ignorance)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:35:32 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	My original design was to have URL get </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">requests be able to hit it.  I don&apos;t know SOAP so probably not going to do </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">that.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:36:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	not sure gabriel. Since it amounts to a java </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">interface we can probably serve it up quite nicely using SOAP</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:37:22 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m just asking cause most people ask for that kind </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">of standard web services</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:37:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Agreed, something to ask andrea about.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:37:54 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;m ok with it jesse, go ahead at least someone has </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">something else to say</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:37:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	There are lots of choice to go from java bean to </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">WSDL (aka service descriptor for SOAP)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:38:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Thanks for doing the proposal thing Jesse, </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">hopefully we will get better at this.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:39:11 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So is that accepted for now?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:39:32 &lt;clint_&gt;	jdbc:oracle:thin:@&lt;server&gt;[:&lt;1521&gt;]:&lt;database_name&gt;</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:39:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	do you have svn access and so on Jesse?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:39:41 &lt;clint_&gt;	for jesse</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:39:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	clint? I think you got the wrong window...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:39:57 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	no</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:39:58 &lt;groldan&gt;	it is accepted</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:40:13 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	woo hoo!  I win!</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:40:19 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;  ;)   Thanks</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:40:40 &lt;groldan&gt;	do modules will use it through api or service?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:41:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	sent out the email</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:41:20 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I don&apos;t really know enough to give an </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">informed answer.  </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:41:23 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	what do you think?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:41:30 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	API is easier to program I think</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:41:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	and other systems can use it via service?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:04 &lt;groldan&gt;	I like java land keep java, let remote for wonder </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">land</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:10 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	um jesse what do you want to call your module? </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">writing up the page ...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:11 &lt;groldan&gt;	yes</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:41 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	preferences?  There is already a config </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">module</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:41 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	gabriel with spring remoting their is no </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">difference, the interface is used on the client side, they do their AOP </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">wrapper magic to catch and remote all the calls</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:46 &lt;groldan&gt;	and nowadays its easier to do that</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:48 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	over to the server side where the implementation </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">rests</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:42:48 &lt;groldan&gt;	exactly</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:43:28 &lt;groldan&gt;	will you call it just &quot;preferences&quot;?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:44:14 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	preferences implies optional - as in service making </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">use of preferences should be able to function regardless.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:44:16 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Is that cool?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:44:23 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/Proposal+Preference+Store+Service</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:45:12 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	cool</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:45:14 &lt;groldan&gt;	thanks jody</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:45:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	apparently so cool it is cold.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:45:37 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Last one - Justin did not make it - and via email I </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">have expressed several concerns that I need addressed/answered.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:45:41 &lt;groldan&gt;	4) 1.4.x</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:45:58 &lt;groldan&gt;	jgarnett, is that yours</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:46:08 &lt;groldan&gt;	or clint&apos;s</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:46:20 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Most of them come from talking to Andrea, so I </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">would like to have an IRC breakout with Justin and Andrea &quot;sometime&quot; like </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">tomorrow.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:46:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	So I better just choose a time, anounce and see if </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">they can make it?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:46:54 &lt;groldan&gt;	lets ask them for tomorrow at the usual late meeting </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:47:02 &lt;groldan&gt;	wait, a bit earlier</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:47:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	I cannot, got a dance class.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:47:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	would be better I guess</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:47:20 &lt;groldan&gt;	I picking them on working time rather than dinner </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">time</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:47:48 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jesse you are often around at 4 or 5 would that </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">work out tomorrow?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:05 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	tomorrow is bad.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:12 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	or which 4?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	yours or mine?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:21 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay how about the day after  :-) </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:23 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	my 4</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:27 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	your like 7am?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:29 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	ok tomorrow is ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:32 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	ok ish</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:45 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	today is the 8th year anniversay so I don&apos;t </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">know how I&apos;ll be tomorrow at 7</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	well what would remove the &quot;ish&quot;</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:48:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	heh</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:01 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	congrats</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:04 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	thursday might be better.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:09 &lt;clint_&gt;	aniversay..</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:18 &lt;clint_&gt;	marriage?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	thurs it is</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:24 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	almost</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:26 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	:P</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:32 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	never got around to that.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	sly</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:49:53 &lt;clint_&gt;	so what is the aniversary?</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:02 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	8 years together</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:05 &lt;clint_&gt;	thurs got squash</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:12 &lt;clint_&gt;	oh ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:15 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	I can be up at 5 thought</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:18 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	tomorrow</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:26 &lt;groldan&gt;	still up...</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:38 &lt;groldan&gt;	:P</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:50:39 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	somea won&apos;t let me sleep in any longer </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">anyhow.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:51:33 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	okay sent the email - I got stop sending email - </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">darn coup is hard to pull off.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:51:57 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	so gabriel can we go home now? it is 1hr </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">exactly  :-) </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	go go go!</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:22 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	ok</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:23 &lt;groldan&gt;	and thanks for the help in running the meeting, I&apos;m </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">a newbe  :) </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:35 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;	adios gabriel  </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	hey who wants to post the logs? (last job of </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">running the meeting)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:40 &lt;clint_&gt;	seeya</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:42 &lt;clint_&gt;	gabby</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:47 &lt;clint_&gt;	opps..</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:47 &lt;groldan&gt;	I&apos;ll do</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:48 &lt;clint_&gt;	sorry</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:49 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	gabby indeed.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:52:57 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	thanks gabriel.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:53:07 &lt;groldan&gt;	thanks you guys, gabi is ok.</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:53:29 &lt;groldan&gt;	(gaby is mostly used for females  :) </TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:54:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	don&apos;t tell me that</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:54:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jody is the guy spelling</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:54:59 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	Jodi for femails (or Jodie)</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:55:06 &lt;groldan&gt;	ha ha</TD></TR>
+<TR><TD colspan="2" class="diffnav">&nbsp;</TD><TD class="diffnochange">jun 13 22:56:05 &lt;jgarnett&gt;	later!</TD></TR>
+
+            </TABLE>
+        </DIV>
+    </DIV>
+    </DIV></SPAN>
+                                                                      </TD>
+                </TR>
+                                                <TR>
+                    <TD valign="top">
+                                                    <B><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/2006/06/14/IRC%20Logs%2013%20June%202006">IRC Logs 13 June 2006 (created)</A></B>
+                        
+                                                                                                      <BR>
+                            <SPAN class="smalltext"><STYLE>
+    .tag {
+        font-style: italic;
+    }
+
+    .smalltext {
+        color: #666666;
+        font-size: 10px;
+    }
+</STYLE>
+<DIV id="PageContent">
+     <DIV style="color: #666666; font-size: 10px;">
+                    News
+                            created by <B>    <A href="http://goopen.org/display/~seedollar%2540gmail.com">Oliver Loe</A></B>  (<A href="mailto:seedollar@gmail.com">seedollar@gmail.com</A>)        on Jun 14, 2006 03:05
+        </DIV>
+    <DIV style="border-top:1px solid #d3d3d3;">
+                <IMG src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/blogentry_16.gif" height="16" width="16" border="0" style="float:right;" alt="News">
+            </DIV>
+    <P>jun 13 21:55:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hi clint<BR>
+jun 13 21:55:49 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and gabriel?<BR>
+jun 13 21:55:54 &#45;-&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jesse_Eichar77 (n=Jesse_Ei@mail.refractions.net) has<BR>
+joined #geoserver<BR>
+jun 13 21:56:09 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hi Jody<BR>
+jun 13 21:56:38 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi, apparently Justin is away picking up his mom<BR>
+from the airport.<BR>
+jun 13 21:56:42 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi Jesse.<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:00 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; good boy justin<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; anybody seen brent?<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:09 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; do we have a meeting today?<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:10 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; nope<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:20 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; yes we do, right now.<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I would like to do the earlier meeting as well if<BR>
+we can - simply so we can talk to Andrea in a more formal setting.<BR>
+jun 13 21:57:47 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; didn&apos;t had time to check out the email list, any<BR>
+agenda item already?<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:14 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; some left overs from last week.<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:33 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi everyone///<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:43 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hi Clint<BR>
+jun 13 21:58:59 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; PSC document was to be revised and adopted, wanted<BR>
+to kick of the proposal process (jesse has provided the first topic thanks<BR>
+jesse)<BR>
+jun 13 21:59:24 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; changing the earlier meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 21:59:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so with just us this will go quick, I had some<BR>
+technical 1.4.x questions for Justin - but perhaps I can ask clint&#95; instead?<BR>
+jun 13 21:59:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; how about you gabriel?<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:22 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I&apos;m interested in changing the early meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:24 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; shoot..<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:31 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; oh, apparently TOPP email is out - so they are not<BR>
+just ignoring us.<BR>
+jun 13 22:00:51 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; gabriel want to run this meeting? should be<BR>
+quick ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:01:10 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ok<BR>
+jun 13 22:01:31 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1) early meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 22:01:53 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2)PSC doc<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:02 &#45;--&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; jgarnett has changed the topic to: 1)changing meeting time<BR>
+2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:14 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; can we start?<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:15 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3) jesse&apos;s new geoserver module?<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:16 &#45;--&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; jgarnett has changed the topic to: 1)changing meeting time<BR>
+2) PSC process adoption 3) proposal 4) IRC breakout on 1.4.x<BR>
+jun 13 22:02:49 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jesse_Eichar77, would you like to talk about your<BR>
+new geoserver module?<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:19 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sure<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:29 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Its pretty simple<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:32 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ok, what was the feedback about the early meeting<BR>
+time?<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:50 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; would that be 5) geoserver module?<BR>
+jun 13 22:03:58 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Andrea needs an earlier meeting time<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:14 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; there was a proposal for UTC 07:00am<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:23 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I sent a mail about it..<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:30 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; to the geoserver list<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:35 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; was thinking 3) proposal ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:04:47 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jesse I will copy your proposal to a page on<BR>
+GEOSDEV okay?<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:09 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so nobody pronounced against or for it?<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:30 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; who is currently attending the early meeting? I<BR>
+guess nobody?<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:35 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; well the PSC is supposed to do that ... so perhaps<BR>
+we should just set that up <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/sad.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+jun 13 22:05:42 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Nobody..<BR>
+jun 13 22:05:53 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I pitched this morn... nobody pitched<BR>
+jun 13 22:06:28 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sounds like a headless geoserver or just a really<BR>
+bad time <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+jun 13 22:06:59 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The problem is andrea cannot make the current meeting<BR>
+times?<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:05 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; he wants to attend..?<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:14 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And we need andrea<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:19 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He asked really nicely<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:31 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We surely do&#33;&#33;<BR>
+jun 13 22:07:48 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; okay I am in favour of moving the time to say 10am<BR>
+local time, back 3 hours from where it is now.<BR>
+jun 13 22:08:02 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; in work hours for those on this side of the drink.<BR>
+jun 13 22:08:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; clint your pitch was for 9am, I may be more lazy<BR>
+then that if we are staying up to talk to Jesse.<BR>
+jun 13 22:08:51 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 10am SAST is like 02am canadian<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:08 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sorry 04:00am<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:25 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and NY is 01:00 am<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:39 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but they will attend the later meeting right?<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:46 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gabriel, clint this one is up to you guys ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:52 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; they will attend the second meeting.<BR>
+jun 13 22:09:53 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so we still don&apos;t have a time that fits both andrea<BR>
+and america<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:03 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; What time zone are you in Gabriel?<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:06 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; what about changing the date instead of the time?<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:16 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I mean, I guess andrea could attend on wensday?<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:41 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jesse..<BR>
+jun 13 22:10:48 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; yahoo louiecwza<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:11 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ?<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ack I am already in 2 nights late, got not internet<BR>
+at home ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:16 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I&apos;m &#43;1, &#43;2 on summer time<BR>
+jun 13 22:11:54 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; that is, 9pm for the late meeting<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:15 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; jesse please add me to yahoo ==&gt; louiecwza<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:29 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; agreed, that is just &#42;too&#42; late for here, not safe<BR>
+to drive home at 10pm etc...<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:32 &lt;clint_&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; what is your yahoo?<BR>
+jun 13 22:12:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so gabriel what time during the day could you make?<BR>
+jun 13 22:13:19 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; time is going off, could we, people with immediate<BR>
+interests, arrange for a meeting time that fits andrea and us, at least temporally?<BR>
+jun 13 22:13:56 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; okay I will change the time ... next agenda item?<BR>
+jun 13 22:14:44 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2) PSC proposal<BR>
+jun 13 22:15:15 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; we don&apos;t have Chris to complain here... <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/wink.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+jun 13 22:15:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; there were some corrections to be made, and we<BR>
+needed to choose between the commiters voting in the chair and/or the Chair.<BR>
+jun 13 22:16:18 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so what do we need to do here?<BR>
+jun 13 22:16:30 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; start the vote? update the page...<BR>
+jun 13 22:16:52 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am still trying to update the meeting time.<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:03 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I guess update the page and ask Chris for<BR>
+review/comments<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:24 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; nope we had two weeks of that already, lets make a<BR>
+decision here and now and get the voting going ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:45 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; so lets get the chair to choose the first round of<BR>
+PSC? less process to start out with.<BR>
+jun 13 22:18:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Procedure for choosing the chair remains the same.<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:11 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I&apos;m all for letting the ball rolling and adjust the<BR>
+points as needed. Do we have some more about proposals?<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:27 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I guess that&apos;s what Chris wanted to see? formal<BR>
+proposals for changes<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:43 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; yes, and he got that. we needed to add the IP check<BR>
+in there.<BR>
+jun 13 22:20:55 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but the proposal thing should be a seperate page?<BR>
+jun 13 22:21:13 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Clint meeting time updated:<BR>
+<SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/IRC" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOS/IRC<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+jun 13 22:21:32 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; here is the page we are talking about:<BR>
+<SPAN class="nobr"><A href="http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/0%20Project%20Steering%20Committee" title="Visit page outside Confluence" rel="nofollow">http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDEV/0+Project+Steering+Committee<SUP><IMG class="rendericon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/linkext7.gif" height="0" width="0" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"></SUP></A></SPAN><BR>
+jun 13 22:21:42 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I will edit you guys want to tell me what to type?<BR>
+jun 13 22:22:34 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; So for the &quot;Nomination Process&quot; &quot;Alternative B&quot; ?<BR>
+jun 13 22:23:13 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; or Alternative A?<BR>
+jun 13 22:24:20 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hmmmm.... right now its hard to choose a chair<BR>
+besides Chris?<BR>
+jun 13 22:25:09 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; So lets go with alternative A and ask the commiters<BR>
+to think ...<BR>
+jun 13 22:25:24 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; yes<BR>
+jun 13 22:25:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am going to send an email to geoserver-devel<BR>
+about these IRC meetings, we are here to engage TOPP formally right now and not one of them is here. While it speaks to the need for a PSC it is hard to bootstrap.<BR>
+jun 13 22:26:38 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and we have immediate needs that have to be<BR>
+addressed<BR>
+jun 13 22:26:38 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; updated the page, remembered to add IP to the list<BR>
+of things PSC responsible for minding<BR>
+jun 13 22:26:40 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; lets do that<BR>
+jun 13 22:27:01 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; okay page is updated.<BR>
+jun 13 22:27:34 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ok, ask people to send votes to brent so?<BR>
+jun 13 22:28:07 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 3) proposal<BR>
+jun 13 22:28:13 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; the floor is yours<BR>
+jun 13 22:28:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I&apos;m the proposal?<BR>
+jun 13 22:29:34 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Simple it is a spring module using spring<BR>
+remoting that allows preferences to be stored.&nbsp; I&apos;m making a Hibernate implementation and probably a file implementation<BR>
+jun 13 22:29:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (for testing)<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:02 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; it just takes key-value pairs and just<BR>
+strings for now.<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:13 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It is based on the eclipse PreferenceStore<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:15 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sent email out, if anybody can sanity check that<BR>
+page again, not sure I got all the feedback from last meeting <IMG class="emoticon" src="http://goopen.org/images/icons/emoticons/sad.gif" height="20" width="20" align="absmiddle" alt="" border="0"><BR>
+jun 13 22:30:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; interface<BR>
+jun 13 22:30:50 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jesse I would like to confirm that this module can<BR>
+be used by other modules to store their configuration?<BR>
+jun 13 22:31:03 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (or should I say preferences?)<BR>
+jun 13 22:31:16 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; of course.&nbsp;<BR>
+jun 13 22:31:30 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; was just going to ask that. So that&apos;s the value<BR>
+added by the module<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:01 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; exactly.&nbsp; a client can set the<BR>
+configuration/preference and all the modules can use them.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:03 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; could you state a couple examples what an existing<BR>
+module would use it for?<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:06 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I like it jesse, the OpenSDI list argued about this<BR>
+for a month - this is the first progress I have seen.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:34 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Just off the top of my head.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:39 &lt;jgarnett&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A catalog could use it to hold its entries. A wms<BR>
+could use it to hold its SLD objects.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:44 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; wfs and wms both store configuration<BR>
+information.<BR>
+jun 13 22:32:52 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; yeah sld docs too.<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:13 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; could a client use it to hold its state (may be as a<BR>
+WMC doc)<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:14 &lt;groldan&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ?<BR>
+jun 13 22:33:25 &lt;Jesse_Eichar77&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; a client like udig could provide an<BR>
+alternative implementation for example.<BR>

[... 533 lines stripped ...]


Mime
View raw message