ace-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Durand <>
Subject Use j2ee servers as target
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2017 08:41:43 GMT

I would like to manage a group of j2ee servers (tomcat) as targets.
Each of these servers hosts a home-made framework that allows to manage the
web apps available to a user, etc.

A typical artifact would be a tar.gz containing a war and a config file.
The war would be copied to the webapps directory and the config file to a
config directory, and a call would be made to my framework to register the

I would like to embed the management agent into my framework, without all
the OSGi machinery.
By looking at the code, I see that the customization of the deployment
could be done by implementing my own DeploymentHandler or my own
DeploymentAdmin. The latter seems to be the better way because it re-uses
Ace's code the most.
What would you advise? Is there another way to customize the deployment?
Can the agent be embedded in such a way? Is this a use case that is
intended to be supported or does it look like a hack that may break if a
new Ace version is released?
*Guillaume Durand* | Ingénieur expert
*Sirlan Technologies* - 3 Rue Irène Joliot Curie - 38320 Eybens – France
*Office*: +33 (0)4 76 53 35 14

***Pensez à l'environnement, n'imprimez cet email que si nécessaire |