ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Remove target from the UI
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:19:26 GMT
Hi,

> On 20 Jun 2016, at 21:16, Jorge Martín Cuervo <jorge@martincuervo.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to remove a target from the admin ui, but every time I click
> "Retrieve" it appears again.
> This target is not running any more, I have changed the agentid,
>
> is this behavior normal?

Yes, this is normal behaviour. ACE has a distributed model in which its model
can be replicated across several machines. Due to this, the client uses its
own version of the data model along with the auditlogs it received from *any*
target to determine which targets there are.

If you remove a target from a client’s data model, it will be recreated from
the audit log received from that target (if it ever sent one.) The client
does not know if the target did talk to it directly, or that the target’s
auditlog was obtained by means of the log synchronisation mechanism in ACE.

There is one way to hide any unregistered target from the client UI. You can
set the `showunregisteredtargets` option to `false` in the
`org.apache.ace.client.repository.cfg` configuration file of your client (or
server-all-in-one).

HtH,

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00