ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ACE and fragment bundle provisioning
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 17:45:55 GMT
Hello Bree,
On 23 May 2016 at 19:16:01, Bree Van Oss (bree.vanoss@myfuelmaster.com) wrote:

Quick question regarding fragment bundles. We have a fragment that contains an artifact which
uses a separate build process. We are using fragments as a way to loosely couple the artifact
from the code the operates on it. When I provision the fragment to the target by itself (host
bundle already provisioned) ACE is unable to resolve the bundle fragment and it stays in the
“installed” state. When I restart ACE agent, the bundle fragment correctly makes it into
the “resolved” state.
The problem you are running into is that a fragment will only “attach” to a host if it
is present when the host is resolved. In this case the host was already active, so installing
the fragment does nothing.

This feels like a bug to me, but wanted to put this out to the list to see if anyone has another
explanation.
It’s a corner case we don’t explicitly cater for (from memory we do detect that a bundle
*is* a fragment and we don’t bother to start it, as that won’t work either). But yes,
this is a bug, probably needs to be fixed in Felix.

Please try restarting the host manually to confirm that this indeed resolves your issue. Then
our next step is to get this bug recorded and fixed.

Greetings, Marcel