ace-users mailing list archives

From Daan Veldhof <daanveld...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [feedback] hurdles when working with ACE
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:04:42 GMT
Hi Jan,

I haven't worked with Ace for that long, but I hope I can add some
feedback, especially from the Celix side.

- The first challenge i've encountered was that I couldn't upload .zip
files. I know there is a way to create your own resource processor, but it
was easier for me to convert the .zip to .jar.

- The second challenge was to create targets for celix. We've got celix
working for Android devices, but they need different bundles because most
Android devices contain an ARM processor. The solution for us was to create
multiple targets with their cpu architecture in their id (i.e.
celix_armeabi-v7a or celix_armeabi). I would like to see something were you
could specify the id and in the tags you would specify the cpu
architecture. So if you have a normal linux machine it would register
itself to ace with {id:celix, cpu_arch: linux-x86} and a android device
would register with {id:celix, cpu_arch:armeabi-v7a}

- The third challenge was to use the REST api. There was some documentation
but it wasn't enough. I looked like someone started with it, but didn't
finish it. Eventually through the mailing-list I got it up and running.

- The last thing i've encountered was that the automation bundle wasn't
working properly. If a new target was added it wouldn't be registered and
approved. You had to log in and retrieve and store a workspace before it
would be registered and approved.

Regards,
Daan Veldhof

: