ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: [feedback] hurdles when working with ACE
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:47:08 GMT
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback!

> On 22 Jan 2016, at 15:55, Frank Langel <frank@frankjlangel.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot. I see a lot of value in a solution such as Ace,
> But it needs to be maintained and there needs to be sufficient demand.
>
> Here a few issues we faced and that created the following requirement
> - Integration with persistence backend —> GIT/SQL db, so all ACE artifcats/settings/data
is properly stored

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? Do you mean that everything should be stored in a
persistent backend, or that it is easier to use alternative backends for different parts (e.g.
Artifactory instead of the default OBR, Derby for the metadata of ACE, etc.)?

> - better documentation

Yes, this is something we definitely should improve on.

> - integration with BndTools
> - best practices for entire SDLC

Good points.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00