ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: [feedback] hurdles when working with ACE
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 16:37:09 GMT
Hi Daan,

> On 25 Jan 2016, at 16:04, Daan Veldhof <daanveldhof@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> - The first challenge i've encountered was that I couldn't upload .zip
> files. I know there is a way to create your own resource processor, but it
> was easier for me to convert the .zip to .jar.
>
> - The second challenge was to create targets for celix. We've got celix
> working for Android devices, but they need different bundles because most
> Android devices contain an ARM processor. The solution for us was to create
> multiple targets with their cpu architecture in their id (i.e.
> celix_armeabi-v7a or celix_armeabi). I would like to see something were you
> could specify the id and in the tags you would specify the cpu
> architecture. So if you have a normal linux machine it would register
> itself to ace with {id:celix, cpu_arch: linux-x86} and a android device
> would register with {id:celix, cpu_arch:armeabi-v7a}
>
> - The third challenge was to use the REST api. There was some documentation
> but it wasn't enough. I looked like someone started with it, but didn't
> finish it. Eventually through the mailing-list I got it up and running.
>
> - The last thing i've encountered was that the automation bundle wasn't
> working properly. If a new target was added it wouldn't be registered and
> approved. You had to log in and retrieve and store a workspace before it
> would be registered and approved.

Thanks for your feedback. It aligns quite well with the thoughts and ideas we
already have on improving ACE.
I’m currently processing all the replies I’ve had so far, and I’ll include
yours as well.

Thanks again,

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00