ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Ace artifacts on maven central ?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:04:05 GMT

> On 10 Dec 2015, at 15:46, Cristiano Gavião <cvgaviao@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was able to download the binary distribution from here: http://ace.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> but I was not able to find the deployment agent bundle. where it is ? The target.jar
was not recognized as a osgi bundle…

The target.jar is a standalone binary that wraps the `org.apache.ace.agent` bundle in an OSGi
framework
and some other bundles to easily bootstrap your target. If you’re interested in the DA bundle,
use the `org.apache.ace.agent` bundle.

> one doubt, suppose that I have some *.dp archives (as defined by the spec) in a local
directory. it is possible to start up the container with the deployment agent installed and
started and pass that location as system/app argument at command line?

Yes, this is certainly possible. If you happen to use the Gogo shell, then there’s a command
named `idp` that
allows you to install deployment packages.

HtH,

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00