ace-users mailing list archives

From Daan Veldhof <daanveld...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating association based on multiple tags
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:35:26 GMT

> On 23 October 2015 at 07:16:02, Jan Willem Janssen (
> janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu(mailto:janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu)) wrote:
>
> > Ergo: still not sure that the ‘target.’ prefix is necessary unless your
> > tags actually use them in their names.
>
> FYI, it is definitely wrong to use the “target.” prefix unless those tags
> are actually prefixed with “target.”.
>
> Greetings, Marcel

Those tags are prefixed with "target." because that's how ACE works. When a
target is started (deployment_admin is installed in the framework) it first
sends the FRAMEWORK_STARTED auditlog and then the TARGETPROPERTIES_SET with
the tags I want to give to the target. ACE automatically prefixes these
tags with "target."

> On 23 October 2015 at 07:16:02, Jan Willem Janssen (
janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu(mailto:janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu)) wrote:
> I’ve used the following gogo script to test creating a feature,
distribution
> and a target with two tags along with the various associations using
filters.

>   w=(cw)
>   $w cf 'feature1'
>   $w cd 'dist1'
>   $w cf2d '(name=feature1)' '(name=dist*)'
>  ($w ct [id='target1'] [foo=bar qux=quu]) setautoapprove true
>   $w cd2t '(name=dist1)' '(&(foo=bar)(qux=*))'
>   $w commit
>   rw $w
>
> In my environment, my target is correctly linked to the distribution based
> on its tags.

I tried the GoGo shell way and that actually worked.
I set up all the artifacts, artifact2features, features,
feature2distributions and distributions using the REST API and set the
distribution2targets with the GoGo shell and that worked.
But I want to be able to remotely remove, add or change the
distribution2target, so using the REST API.

Apparently when I change the order of the attributes in the REST call it
works, so this fixed the issue:

{
  attributes : {
   "leftCardinality" : 1,
   "leftEndpoint" : "(name=rand)",
   "rightCardinality" : 100
   "rightEndpoint" : "(&(target.tag1=foo)(target.tag2=bar)"
  }
  tags: {}
}

> Note that I didn’t set any cardinality values, since they default to 1.
Why
> are you using custom cardinality numbers?

When I leave out the cardinality values, they don't show up if I get the
distribution2target (client/{WORKID}/distribution2target/{ID})
I'm using custom cardinality values so multiple targets can get the same
distribution. I already removed the leftcardinality.

Regards,
Daan