ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Login before automation is started
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 14:23:26 GMT

> On 27 Oct 2015, at 11:41, Daan Veldhof <daanveldhof@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I have to get a workspace through the GoGo shell or the REST API before
>> the
>>> automation is started. Is this normal behaviour?
>>
>> No, this is normally not necessary. Do you need to do this once before the
>> automation process is doing its task? Or every time?
>>

> Only when I start ACE. Once I have a workspace the automation is working.

Looking at the code of the client automation, it appears that indeed it expects
a couple of services that are created when a workspace is available. I presume
(I’ve not used the automation bundle much) that this bundle is never developed
with the intention to be running completely on its own, but rather run besides
another client, such as the web client.
Perhaps Marcel as one of the original developers can shed a light on this?

Mind that it is not really difficult to get the same behaviour using the REST
API directly. The automation bundle does nothing more than:

1. register any unregistered target: you can do this by calling the endpoint:
   POST /client/work/<WID>/target/<TID>/register for any of the targets that
   need it;

2. approve any pending changes for targets: again this can be done by calling:
   POST /client/work/<WID>/target/<TID>/approve.

The only thing that you cannot do AFAIK through the REST API is setting the
auto approve flag of targets. However, if you periodically call the above two
endpoints, you would get similar semantics.

HtH,

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00