ace-users mailing list archives

From "Robert M. Mather" <robert.mather....@gmail.com>
Subject Performance issues, logging, and relay server setup
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:12:22 GMT
We have about 200 targets running off ACE in production now, and as we add
more, we're noticing a steady decline in performance of the web UI,
especially the initial login. Also, occasionally the server seems to get
caught in a loop or something and starts eating up CPU until we kill and
restart it. After restart, it always seems to perform a bit better for a
while, but the cycle continues.

Is there some way we can get debug/logging output from the ACE server? That
way we'd have a better sense of what's going on and we could report back
with better information.

Also, due to the performance issues and our need to continue expanding,
we're considering setting up a relay server. We're running on the
'server-allinone' distribution at the moment, would we have to switch to
the "componentized" version in order to configure for relay?

Any other recommendations?

Not sure if it matters, but our targets sync with ACE every 7 minutes. Is
it possible the cost of that ping is starting to add up?

Thanks!