ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Cache doesn't sync properly without org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 18:06:42 GMT
Hi,

> On 12 Jun 2015, at 19:58, Robert M. Mather <robert.mather.rmm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If I restart my client application running the ACE agent without the Felix
> setting
> "org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit"
> then the agent doesn't download any bundles from the server when starting
> up. I'd prefer to use the default behavior so that if the client restarts
> at a time when the ace server happens to be unavailable, it can still start
> with the most recent set of bundles from the local cache.
>
> Any theories on why this might be the case? The ace agent jar is located in
> the felix auto deploy directory. Below is my Felix configuration and the
> system properties affecting ace:
>
> #
> # Felix framework config properties.
> #
>
> felix.cache.rootdir=${user.dir}/cache
> org.osgi.framework.storage=${felix.cache.rootdir}/felix
>
> # Start ACE agent automatically
> felix.auto.deploy.action=install,start,update,uninstall
>
> # The following property controls whether the bundle cache is flushed
> # the first time the framework is initialized. Possible values are
> # "none" and "onFirstInit"; the default is "none".
> # The ACE agent doesn't properly sync bundles unless the cache is flushed
> org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit
>
> # DEBUG level logging
> felix.log.level=4
>
> # System Properties
> # variable gets interpolated by installer
> agent.discovery.serverurls=${aceUrl}
> agent.controller.syncinterval=420

The ACE agent should work correctly without the necessity of cache flushes. It is
more or less the entire purpose of the agent :) So far, we’ve never heard or seen
this issue before, but without any details from logging or something it is kind of
hard to determine the root cause. Can you bump the log level a bit to see if any-
thing particular is logged? See [1] for details on how to do that.

HtH,

1. http://ace.apache.org/docs/user-guide.html#target-configuration

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00