ace-users mailing list archives

From "Robert M. Mather" <robert.mather....@gmail.com>
Subject Cache doesn't sync properly without org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 17:58:44 GMT
If I restart my client application running the ACE agent without the Felix
setting
"org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit"
then the agent doesn't download any bundles from the server when starting
up. I'd prefer to use the default behavior so that if the client restarts
at a time when the ace server happens to be unavailable, it can still start
with the most recent set of bundles from the local cache.

Any theories on why this might be the case? The ace agent jar is located in
the felix auto deploy directory. Below is my Felix configuration and the
system properties affecting ace:

#
# Felix framework config properties.
#

felix.cache.rootdir=${user.dir}/cache
org.osgi.framework.storage=${felix.cache.rootdir}/felix

# Start ACE agent automatically
felix.auto.deploy.action=install,start,update,uninstall

# The following property controls whether the bundle cache is flushed
# the first time the framework is initialized. Possible values are
# "none" and "onFirstInit"; the default is "none".
# The ACE agent doesn't properly sync bundles unless the cache is flushed
org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit

# DEBUG level logging
felix.log.level=4

# System Properties
# variable gets interpolated by installer
agent.discovery.serverurls=${aceUrl}
agent.controller.syncinterval=420

Thanks,

Robert