ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Filter a GET request through the rest api
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 10:25:07 GMT
On 15 May 2015 at 17:16:01, Jan Willem Janssen (janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu) wrote:
Hi Robert,

> On 14 May 2015, at 19:38, Robert M. Mather <robert.mather.rmm@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I see in the rest api documentation here:
> http://ace.apache.org/docs/rest-api.html that all the association entities
> say "Associations have a left and right hand side. Both can be expressed as
> filter conditions."
>
> I see that the entities return from GET /client/work/ID/distribution2target
> all have a filter like (&(name=some-distribution-name)) for the
> leftEndpoint and similarly for the rightEndpoint, so I tried changing it to
> (&(name=*)) but got a 404. Is my syntax off or is this just not the
> intended way of using the API?

The REST api does not provide support for filtering entities, as far as I know.
Not sure why this was never implemented, but I know for sure that the direct
client API does provide support for filtering entities.
I don’t think there was a specific reason, other than nobody did it yet.

Maybe because more people tend to use the shell scripts to control the client.

Feel free to submit an issue to add filter capabilities to entities in the REST API. And,
if you feel confident enough, contribute a patch for it.

Greetings, Marcel