ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Filter a GET request through the rest api
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 15:10:39 GMT
Hi Robert,

> On 14 May 2015, at 19:38, Robert M. Mather <robert.mather.rmm@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I see in the rest api documentation here:
> http://ace.apache.org/docs/rest-api.html that all the association entities
> say "Associations have a left and right hand side. Both can be expressed as
> filter conditions."
>
> I see that the entities return from GET /client/work/ID/distribution2target
> all have a filter like (&(name=some-distribution-name)) for the
> leftEndpoint and similarly for the rightEndpoint, so I tried changing it to
> (&(name=*)) but got a 404. Is my syntax off or is this just not the
> intended way of using the API?

The REST api does not provide support for filtering entities, as far as I know.
Not sure why this was never implemented, but I know for sure that the direct
client API does provide support for filtering entities.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00