ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Some clarifications about ACE template config engine
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 18:36:33 GMT
Hi Robert,

> On 13 Apr 2015, at 18:53, Robert M. Mather <robert.mather.rmm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Almost: the bundle-attribute needs to be prefixed with “osgi-dp:” to make
>> it clear that the configuration PID (org.amdatu.conf) is for a bundle
>> that is part of a deployment package. The AutoConf resource processor used
>> by ACE does not allow configurations to be provisioned to bundles that are
>> *not* part of a deployment package.
>> Apart from that the example metatype is correct, including the template
>> variable.
>

> I haven't done anything to explicitly prepare my bundles as part of a
> deployment package. Does ACE do this automatically somehow, or do I need to
> modify the bundle to indicate that it's associated with the same deployment
> package as the metatype configuration? I've never worked with the
> deployment package part of the OSGi spec before…

Short answer: ACE uses deployment packages as vehicle for transporting and
installing software updates. You do not need to do anything special for that.

Long answer: each target is associated with a distribution. Based on the
software that is already installed and the changes you want to deploy, a
new deployment package is created once the target asks for this (the target
knows what version is currently installed, and asks whether a newer version
is available, and if so, downloads it and installs it). The installation of
deployment packages is transparant to the target, so there is no need to
get into its nitty gritty details...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00