ace-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Driessen <thomas.dries...@ds-lab.org>
Subject Re: Setup ACE with Apache Jenkins
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:28:30 GMT
Hi Jan,

I need this command to tell the script to stop, as it is part of a Jenkins
build step. If I don't stop the script, the build process never ends.

My setup is the following:
- we have a master branch in our Git repository, that notifies Jenkins if
there are any changes.
- Jenkins uses the gradle file generated by BndTools to build all jars
necessary.
- After the build I added a build step that executes a windows batch file
with the follwing commands:

cd C:\ace  (change to the folder of the client.jar)
java  -Dace.gogo.script=script.foo -jar client.jar (execute client.jar with
the script "script.foo".)

- Right now the script only has the following code:

echo "Hello World"

exit 0

- I also tried the command "misc:shutdown 0" but that leads to multiple
exceptions
- As next step I would like to create artifacts, features, etc. via the
script as described here:
http://wrongtracks.blogspot.de/2014/05/first-steps-with-apache-ace.html

As I already said: --nointeractive leads to an error when I try to execute
the "exit 0" command. If I don't use --nointeractive within the Jenkins
build step I get Exceptions like "Framework not running".
However, when I execute the commands

cd C:\ace
java  -Dace.gogo.script=script.foo -jar client.jar

within a shell that is started via "Win+R -> cmd", then everything works
fine. That seems to be strange.

I hope that I merely missed some small thing, as I really would like to
automate my build and deployment setup :)

Best regards,
Thomas

:

--
M.Sc. Thomas Driessen
Software Methodologies for Distributed Systems

Tel:    +49 821 598-2486
email: thomas.driessen@informatik.uni-augsburg.de