ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Can't connect from Agent on Karaf client
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 23:43:34 GMT
Hello Robert,

On 14 Feb 2015 at 20:26:01 , Robert M. Mather (robert.mather.rmm@gmail.com) wrote:
I'm new to Ace and considering it for a production deployment with a couple
hundred targets that might scale to thousands in the next few months. I'm
assuming it's production ready for that sort of scenario?
Yes.

At the moment, I'm having trouble connecting from the Agent bundle running
on Karaf (installed via feature.xml generated by the maven-karaf-plugin,
see below).
It seems that plugin fetches artifacts from Maven Central, and our current releases are not
published there anymore. That is why you end up with 0.8.1-incubator releases which are really
old and should not be used. Instead, please use the artifacts from the latest binary release.
I assume that a lot of the other problems you have come from the fact that you are working
with these old versions.

The agent is now a single bundle, so there is no need to make a feature out of it (org.apache.ace.agent.jar).

I would actually recommend you start with the launcher (org.apache.ace.launcher.felix.jar),
which bootstraps the Felix framework and this agent and then install all of your other bundles
via ACE.

I'd appreciate any guidance on how to debug this! Using Ace would be so
much nicer than rolling my own to do the same thing!
The (new) agent has an option (-v) to start in verbose mode. That means it will output all
internal logging to the console, which is usually a good starting point for diagnosis.

Greetings, Marcel