ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Including org.apache.ace.agent into felix launcher causes ace agent to fail 8/10 times
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 09:42:46 GMT

Hello Frank,

On 8 Feb 2015 at 10:31:01 , Frank Langel (frank@frankjlangel.com(mailto:frank@frankjlangel.com))
wrote:

> Does the ace agent have a specific dependency/do I need to change the start
> level. Here what happens:
> * If I include the org.apache.ace.agent.jar 1.0.2 bundle in my launcher.jar
> file, 8/10 times the ace agent does not start

When you’re talking about your launcher.jar, that is some custom launcher that starts an
OSGi framework? I’m asking because we also have one (or even two):

- org.apache.ace.agent.launcher.felix.jar : a launcher that comes with embedded Apache Felix
framework;
- org.apache.ace.agent.launcher.base.jar : a launcher that discovers a framework on the class
path and starts it.

Both of those embed the agent and start it.

Now I am not sure what the issue with your launcher could be. The agent is self contained
and really only requires the framework and packageadmin packages to be present (and as far
as I know every framework provides those).

> * If I add the ace agent later on using the deploy directory, it starts
> every time
> Are there some properties that need to be set, dependencies that the agent
> requires that causes this? How can I include the ace agent in the felix
> launcher?

What felix launcher are you referring to here?

The agent does not need any properties to be set (that is, it defaults to trying to contact
an ACE server on localhost).

Greetings, Marcel