ace-users mailing list archives

From Bram Pouwelse <b...@pouwelse.com>
Subject Re: Exception when updating configuration
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:33:33 GMT
Hi Jan Willem,

No problem I was busy with other tasks anyway ;). See my comments inline
below.

:

> Hi Bram,
>
> Sorry, totally overlooked your message. See my comments inline below.
>
> On 03/11/14 16:49, Bram Pouwelse wrote:
> > I'm trying to figure out how to deploy configurations using Ace, a
> > few old mailing list threads got me started.
> >
> > Yesterday I've tried to use the variable substitution using tags
> > with the 2.0.1 release this didn't seem to work. But this seems to
> > be fixed when using the latest version from svn.
> >
> > But when I update a tag value I get an exception on the target [1],
> > after the failed deployment the target configuration is not
> > updated. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>
> I'm not sure you're missing something. Could you explain to be how you
> provision these configurations? Are these regular MetaType files that
> you provision along with an AutoConf resource processor?

Provisioning configurations is new for me, now we're comfortable using Ace
this is the next step. To get started I've picked the amdatu web demo
project and added the bundles to Ace using the ContinousDeployer from the
gogo shell in Ace.

After that I've added a MetaType file to Ace using the Ace web ui and added
the tag restpath with a value. I think I've added this tag on the
distribution configuration but I'm not completely sure anymore.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MetaData xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.0.0">
<OCD name="Amdatu Web REST Wink Configuration" id="org.amdatu.web.rest">
<AD id="wink.rest.path" type="STRING" default="" cardinality="0" />
</OCD>
<Designate pid="org.amdatu.web.rest.wink"
bundle="osgi-dp:org.amdatu.web.rest.wink">
<Object ocdref="org.amdatu.web.rest">
<Attribute adref="wink.rest.path">
<Value><![CDATA[${context.restpath}]]></Value>
</Attribute>
</Object>
</Designate>
</MetaData>

> > 1:
> >
> > [INFO] 16:27:02 (controller) Installing streaming deployment update
> > 4.0.0 => 5.0.0 [DEBUG] 16:27:02 (discovery) Returning cached
> > serverURL: http://localhost:8181 [WARNING] 16:27:02 (deployment)
> > Failed to restore snapshot! java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> >
> /Users/brampouwelse/Development/git-repos/org.apache.ace/run-target/bundle-cache/bundle24/data
> >

> (Is a directory)
> > at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method) at
> > java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213) at
> > java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162) at
> >
> org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.spi.SnapshotCommand$RestoreSnapshotRunnable.unpack(SnapshotCommand.java:187)
> >

> at
> >
> org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.spi.SnapshotCommand$RestoreSnapshotRunnable.doRun(SnapshotCommand.java:154)
>
> Tracing
> >
> back the step in in Felix DeploymentAdmin, the code looks a
> little dodgy and needs some tests in order to determine exactly what
> is going on. In the mean time, could you explain a little more on how
> to reproduce this? Are you perhaps able to share a bit of code that

causes this failure?

It's just an amdatu demo project, I can my test folder including the
scripts if you like?