ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Exception when updating configuration
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 15:55:27 GMT

Hi Bram,

On 04/12/14 14:33, Bram Pouwelse wrote:
> No problem I was busy with other tasks anyway ;). See my comments
> inline below.

See inline.

>>> Hi Bram,
>>>
>>> Sorry, totally overlooked your message. See my comments inline
>>> below.

>>> I'm not sure you're missing something. Could you explain to be
>>> how you provision these configurations? Are these regular
>>> MetaType files that you provision along with an AutoConf
>>> resource processor?
>>>
> Provisioning configurations is new for me, now we're comfortable
> using Ace this is the next step. To get started I've picked the
> amdatu web demo project and added the bundles to Ace using the
> ContinousDeployer from the gogo shell in Ace.
>
> After that I've added a MetaType file to Ace using the Ace web ui
> and added the tag restpath with a value. I think I've added this
> tag on the distribution configuration but I'm not completely sure
> anymore.

Looks find to me, if you also add the AutoConf resource processor from
Felix to your list of artifacts it should work. Not sure though about
the tags on both the distribution and target.

That said, I've started investigating the code of the SnapshotCommand
from Felix DeploymentAdmin and found two rather severe issues (see
FELIX-4718 & FELIX-4719) one of which actually reproduces your
original issue. I've got a couple of fixes ready to be committed, once
the Apache SVN server comes back. After this we could try out a new
snapshot of the DeploymentAdmin in ACE to see whether it fixes all issues.

Could you create an issue for the original stacktrace on the ACE JIRA
so we can relate this issue to the Felix ones?

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00