ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Exception when updating configuration
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 10:31:35 GMT

Hi Bram,

Sorry, totally overlooked your message. See my comments inline below.

On 03/11/14 16:49, Bram Pouwelse wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to deploy configurations using Ace, a
> few old mailing list threads got me started.
>
> Yesterday I've tried to use the variable substitution using tags
> with the 2.0.1 release this didn't seem to work. But this seems to
> be fixed when using the latest version from svn.
>
> But when I update a tag value I get an exception on the target [1],
> after the failed deployment the target configuration is not
> updated. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I'm not sure you're missing something. Could you explain to be how you
provision these configurations? Are these regular MetaType files that
you provision along with an AutoConf resource processor?

> 1:
>
> [INFO] 16:27:02 (controller) Installing streaming deployment update
> 4.0.0 => 5.0.0 [DEBUG] 16:27:02 (discovery) Returning cached
> serverURL: http://localhost:8181 [WARNING] 16:27:02 (deployment)
> Failed to restore snapshot! java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /Users/brampouwelse/Development/git-repos/org.apache.ace/run-target/bundle-cache/bundle24/data

(Is a directory)
> at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method) at
> java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213) at
> java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162) at
> org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.spi.SnapshotCommand$RestoreSnapshotRunnable.unpack(SnapshotCommand.java:187)

at
> org.apache.felix.deploymentadmin.spi.SnapshotCommand$RestoreSnapshotRunnable.doRun(SnapshotCommand.java:154)

Tracing

back the step in in Felix DeploymentAdmin, the code looks a
little dodgy and needs some tests in order to determine exactly what
is going on. In the mean time, could you explain a little more on how
to reproduce this? Are you perhaps able to share a bit of code that
causes this failure?

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00