ace-users mailing list archives

From Klaus.Me...@Gebit.de
Subject Poor performance of the REST Client API with hundreds of targets.
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:18:13 GMT
Dear all,

I want to use ACE (version 2.0.1) for deploying POS (Point of sale) java
clients. In my scenario I have hundreds or thousands of targets
(POS-clients). I developed an API around the REST-API for creation of
distributions which point to an associated feature which contains about
100 bundles. On the other side I have developed an API (based on the
REST-API) which creates targets and connects them to the distributions. I
found out that when I import about 1000 targets then the allinone server
becomes extremely slow, when managing each kind of data (creating and
deleting distributions, targets). Allocating a working area needs about
one minute or so. Also sometimes I get exceptions from the Felix
preference service. Do you have already experiences whith a lot of
targets, are there any issues known about performance ? Can you give me
some ideas what I can do next to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance, and kind regards
Klaus Meyer