ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ACE 2.0.1 web UI not showing associations after drag?
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 21:46:39 GMT
Hello Guy,

On 05 Jun 2014, at 23:33 , Guy Davis <guydavis.ca@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response.  Sorry about the images I included not
> getting through.  After adding more items into the various columns of the
> Apache ACE web UI, I now see that a row highlighting approach is being used
> to indicate the contains relation.  Makes sense now that I see it with
> other items not selected for context.

Excellent!

> Ideally, I'd like to reuse this web UI inside our current admin console,
> possibly as an iframe.

That should work.

> I'm not sure that customer system admins will want
> to  work at the level of artifacts however, which I understand to be the
> items offered up by the OBR.  It would be nice to offer them a list of
> available features and/or distributions (aka products @ version).  Perhaps
> I just need to think more about the packaging levels however.

We started work on role based access to the UI. Part of that is an option to “hide” certain
columns for certain roles. This is intended to help sysadmins to just deal with for example
assigning features to targets, and having the software architect just preparing artifacts,
features and distributions.

It might require a bit of work to make that happen though.

> Regarding embedding ACE (server and target) into each existing JBoss
> server, is this possible?  Ideally, I'd like to use the existing JBoss app
> server, rather than starting up ACE on it's own port.

ACE uses the Felix Jetty component, that also offers a way to “bridge” to an existing
webserver. There is some documentation about that on the Felix website. I never tried this
with ACE, but I see no reason why that should not work (in fact, I’d consider it a bug,
so we would look into that).

Good luck and if you’re stuck, keep asking questions! :)

Greetings, Marcel