ace-users mailing list archives

From "M. D." <mo...@abv.bg>
Subject To what extend can Apache Ace deal with .zip Archives
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:42:08 GMT
 Hello,

In order to supply our clients with the latest hotfixes and updates for our software, the
company I'm working for is developing an Update Service which will perform automatic updates
and version monitoring.

I'm part of a research group that is responsible for developing this Update Service.
As the Apache Ace seems a very promising solution, I believe that it may come to a great help
for achieving our company's purposes.

Although Apache Ace's documentation is very rich, I wasn't able to find much information about
support of no-OSGi artifacts / targets.
As my company's software is not fully OSGi compliant and most of our hotfixes/updates are
distributed through MFTs(Managed file transfer) as .zip files, I was curious to what extend
is Apache Ace capable of dealing with .zip artifacts?
Our goal is to have our MFT act as an artifact repository. Apache Ace will then be the linking
node in the communication between the MFT and our clients.

Please help me understand if this is even doable and approximately how much effort would that
be.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
M.D