ace-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Claude.Pi...@miranda.com
Subject How to register and autoapprove a target via the REST API
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 22:47:11 GMT
Hello all Ace Gurus,

The software I am working on uploads a jar artifact to Ace and
successfully creates a feature, a distribution and associations between
the artifact, the feature and the distribution.
There is also a proper target.
The problem is that when comes the time to create a distribution2target it
does not work, meaning the association between the distribution and the
target is never created.

I proceeded to remote debug the Ace server with Eclipse and it seems the
target is not registered.
I am not sure how to register a target using the REST API. I would also
need to set the autoupdate to "true" on the target. I tried do do some
"post" and "put" on the target using a chrome extension but it did not
change the autoupdate. Just to make things clear I was able to create a
distribution by doing a post with this chrome extension, so it's working
at least for that.

Another question is how to enable logs on the Ace server. I know there was
an answer about that some time ago but unfortunately it remains unclear to
me.

I am still using Ace 1.0.

Any answer will be appreciated
Jean-Claude
DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.