ace-users mailing list archives

From Damien Martin-Guillerez <damien.martin-guille...@iqspot.fr>
Subject Re: Preparing for a new release...
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 17:47:48 GMT
Hello Marcel,

That’s a great news.

Something like a time-out on API REST session that delete them after sometimes (let say 24h)
to avoid memory outage would be appreciated.

I may help a bit in doing some documentation: we are writing a long series of blog entries
about our experience around Apache ACE. Also I’m asking permission to my employee to open-source
a bit of code we use to administrate Apache ACE (server and clients) using Oopscode Chef that
might be of help.

Regards,
 — Damien, iQSpot / Inria
On 10 Apr 2014, at 19:35, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Over the last couple of weeks we have been working towards a new release. Baselining
is in place, the code moved to Java 7, we upgraded to the latest versions of some of our dependencies
and fixed lots of issues. Overall, I think it is time we cut a new release. Since we are now
using semantic versioning, I propose we use that to version our overall release as well. We
have some major changes, which means our release should be 2.0.0.

> I would like to know if there are things that anybody would absolutely like to have in
the upcoming release. If not, I propose we "feature freeze" the repository and start a vote
soon. As always there is some work to be done on the website, so if anybody wants to help
out with that, let me know.