ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Preparing for a new release...
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:38:29 GMT
Hello Damien,

Yes, and you can even split server and client (run them in 2 different VMs) and only restart
the client (because that's where the workspaces are). That way, targets that poll can always
connect to the server.

But, I managed to fix ACE-442 so if you could take a look and see if this helps, let me know!

Greetings, Marcel

On 11 Apr 2014, at 18:25 pm, Damien Martin-Guillerez <damien.martin-guillerez@iqspot.fr>
wrote:

> Well that’s not a big issue for us since it is the server and we simply restarts it
when the problem occurs. So I think it can be left for another release.

> Regards,
> — Damien
>
> On 11 Apr 2014, at 18:15, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.eu> wrote:
>
>> Hello Damien,
>>
>> We do have an issue for adding time-outs in REST sessions (ACE-442) but we have not
implemented a solution yet. I will look into this today as I have some time before my flight.
Do you consider this a showstopper for the release, or just something you'd like to see implemented
soon? I'm asking because with our baselining support enabled, it will become much easier for
us to do releases (and at least I would like to do them way more often than about once a year).
So we could schedule this for the next release as well.

>> Regarding your offer to help a bit with documentation, that would be great. Articles,
tutorials, etc. are all very welcome, as are code contributions. If you need any help, let
me know.

>> Greetings, Marcel
>>

>> On 10 Apr 2014, at 19:47 pm, Damien Martin-Guillerez <damien.martin-guillerez@iqspot.fr>
wrote:

>>> Hello Marcel,
>>>
>>> That’s a great news.
>>>
>>> Something like a time-out on API REST session that delete them after sometimes
(let say 24h) to avoid memory outage would be appreciated.

>>> I may help a bit in doing some documentation: we are writing a long series of
blog entries about our experience around Apache ACE. Also I’m asking permission to my employee
to open-source a bit of code we use to administrate Apache ACE (server and clients) using
Oopscode Chef that might be of help.

>>> Regards,
>>> — Damien, iQSpot / Inria

Baselining is in place, the code moved to Java 7, we upgraded to the latest versions of some
of our dependencies and fixed lots of issues. Overall, I think it is time we cut a new release.
Since we are now using semantic versioning, I propose we use that to version our overall release
as well. We have some major changes, which means our release should be 2.0.0.

to have in the upcoming release. If not, I propose we "feature freeze" the repository and
start a vote soon. As always there is some work to be done on the website, so if anybody wants
to help out with that, let me know.