ace-users mailing list archives

From Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: Preparing for a new release...
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2014 22:04:43 GMT
Hi Marcel

Thx for your explanation.
I'm fine with all you wrote.

Point 1, 2 and 4 are clear and I've already a running custom controller with the embedded
ACE agent.

But to point 3) some concerns came up within the past two days.
I'v implemented such a custom controller as recommended earlier by Jan. But in the meantime
he changed his implementation recommendation and didn't have time to refactor my custom controller.
But I could do this in the last two days.

Here a short description of my situation:
My earlier implementation using the AgenControl service worked fine.

As recommended by Jan a default control should be implemented by as a class implementing the
AgentContextAware and the Runnable interface and configuring it by setting the corresponding
property (something like agent.controler...class).

In a test this works fine and it looks like a very simple and flexible way to do this.
But I need some more additional OSGi service within my custom controller. And that's currently
my problem.
Following Jan's recommendation such a AgentContextAware implementation is instantiated by
the ACE agent and the methods init, start and stop are called. And, if Runnable is implemented,
the custom controller is started as a separate thread.
But in this custom controller I have no change to lookup for some OSGi services I need.

Can you give me a hint how I could solve this? I don't have access to the BundleContext to
lookup for the required services and to register others.

Thx and Greetings
Wilfried