ace-users mailing list archives

From Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: Preparing for a new release...
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 19:35:50 GMT
Hi Marcel

Nice to hear that you are going to prepare the new release.

Yesterday I saw that you changed a little bit the ConfigurationHandler on the agent.
The put method has been removed and the AgentConstants.CONFIG_CONTROLLER_DISABLED has been
set to deprecated.
I'm fine with this in principle.
But I'm using this to switch the ACE agent on/off in my Custom Controller.
And thus, I will have to deactivate the polling of the DefaultController directly by setting
the corresponding Syst. Prop at startup.

In my current custom controller implementation I use the same property (AgentConstants.CONFIG_CONTROLLER_DISABLED)
for enabling/disabling the polling, but when my custom controller is checking for updates,
I disable the ACE agent by forwarding disbled=true to the ACE agent.
Do I have to adjust my implementation or is there another option to stop polling within the
ACE Agent?

Thx in advance

Greetings
Wilfried