ace-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Buluschek <djb...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on ACE
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 06:57:32 GMT
Dear all

Initiated with my question on SO
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23243609), I have tried the ACE demo
and have found it very good. I would like to clarify whether the
following things are possible with it, and if not whether you think that
a modification of the sources could (easily) be done to support that.

My use case: I will have several hundred embedded systems running Felix
which must be kept up to date. I will probably have few (maybe 4)
different "distributions" (ie. applications), each on many of those
systems. Here are my questions:

Can I put targets (ie. the machines to be updated) into groups, so that
I can easily deploy a new version of a distribution to a large group of
targets?

Can I configure when the update takes place - ideally some time in the
night (when the users don't use the system) with a large jitter (so the
server is not overloaded all at once).

Can I configure locally (on the agent) whether it should update?

Can I update the OSGI framework itself from ACE?

Thanks & regards
   Philipp