ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: AW: Preparing for a new release...
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:40:46 GMT

Hi Wilfried,

On 13/04/14 00:04, Sibla Wilfried wrote:
> As recommended by Jan a default control should be implemented by as
> a class implementing the AgentContextAware and the Runnable
> interface and configuring it by setting the corresponding property
> (something like agent.controler...class).
>
> In a test this works fine and it looks like a very simple and
> flexible way to do this. But I need some more additional OSGi
> service within my custom controller. And that's currently my
> problem. Following Jan's recommendation such a AgentContextAware
> implementation is instantiated by the ACE agent and the methods
> init, start and stop are called. And, if Runnable is implemented,
> the custom controller is started as a separate thread. But in this
> custom controller I have no change to lookup for some OSGi services
> I need.
>
> Can you give me a hint how I could solve this? I don't have access
> to the BundleContext to lookup for the required services and to
> register others.

If you take a look at CustomContextAwareController in
org.apache.ace.agent.itest.CustomAgentControllerTest, you see just how
to do that: there the FrameworkUtil is used to obtain the bundle (and
thus the bundle context) for a given class.

Does this give you enough information to proceed with your refactoring?

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30