ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Preparing for a new release...
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:15:41 GMT
Hello Damien,

We do have an issue for adding time-outs in REST sessions (ACE-442) but we have not implemented
a solution yet. I will look into this today as I have some time before my flight. Do you consider
this a showstopper for the release, or just something you'd like to see implemented soon?
I'm asking because with our baselining support enabled, it will become much easier for us
to do releases (and at least I would like to do them way more often than about once a year).
So we could schedule this for the next release as well.

Regarding your offer to help a bit with documentation, that would be great. Articles, tutorials,
etc. are all very welcome, as are code contributions. If you need any help, let me know.

Greetings, Marcel

On 10 Apr 2014, at 19:47 pm, Damien Martin-Guillerez <damien.martin-guillerez@iqspot.fr>
wrote:

> Hello Marcel,
>
> That’s a great news.
>
> Something like a time-out on API REST session that delete them after sometimes (let say
24h) to avoid memory outage would be appreciated.

> I may help a bit in doing some documentation: we are writing a long series of blog entries
about our experience around Apache ACE. Also I’m asking permission to my employee to open-source
a bit of code we use to administrate Apache ACE (server and clients) using Oopscode Chef that
might be of help.

> Regards,
> — Damien, iQSpot / Inria
> On 10 Apr 2014, at 19:35, Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Over the last couple of weeks we have been working towards a new release. Baselining
is in place, the code moved to Java 7, we upgraded to the latest versions of some of our dependencies
and fixed lots of issues. Overall, I think it is time we cut a new release. Since we are now
using semantic versioning, I propose we use that to version our overall release as well. We
have some major changes, which means our release should be 2.0.0.

>> I would like to know if there are things that anybody would absolutely like to have
in the upcoming release. If not, I propose we "feature freeze" the repository and start a
vote soon. As always there is some work to be done on the website, so if anybody wants to
help out with that, let me know.