ace-users mailing list archives

From Bram Pouwelse <b...@pouwelse.com>
Subject How to keep ace performance consistent
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 19:37:35 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question regarding performance of Ace, and most important part is
how to keep the performance consistent over time. Now we've automated
moving artifacts to Ace and converting bndrun configurations from bndtools
to features and distributions Ace has made it to production at our company.

There is one little issue, the deployments from the Jenkins server to Ace
are becoming slower when we just started deployment took seconds now it's
over 10 minutes. Also ace seems to need more and more memory.

I've tried to change the deploymentversionlimit
in conf/org.apache.ace.client.repository.cfg to 5 instead of the default
value of -1 (unlimited) but after that change I get an exception that the
repository is busy [1] (even after 30 minutes of waiting).

Is limiting the deployment versions the way to get the performance back to
the level of when we just started using ace? and if so how can I resolve
the "repository is busy" problem

Are there other configuration options that can improve performance?

Thanks!

Bram

[1]
g! ws = (ace:cw)
$ws commit
gogo: ConversionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The repository
is currently busy, so no objects can be removed.
---- Debugging information ----
message             : java.lang.IllegalStateException: The repository is
currently busy, so no objects can be removed.
cause-exception     : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
cause-message       : java.lang.IllegalStateException: The repository is
currently busy, so no objects can be removed.
class               :
org.apache.ace.client.repository.impl.RepositorySerializer
required-type       :
org.apache.ace.client.repository.impl.RepositorySerializer
path                : /repository/deploymentversions/deploymentversion[8]
line number         : 19543