ace-users mailing list archives

From Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: AW: Custom Agent Controller
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:55:12 GMT
Hi Jan

Understood and I fully agree to your arguments

Thx for your help
Greeting
Wilfried

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jan Willem Janssen [mailto:janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. November 2013 13:37
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Custom Agent Controller

On 11/21/13 1:17 PM, Sibla Wilfried wrote:
> thx a lot for your fast reply.
>
> My aim was to send the deployment events before and after installation
> as done by the DefaultController. ...
> getEventsHandler().postEvent(AGENT_INSTALLATION_COMPLETE,
> eventProps);
>
> I assumed that sending these events the same way would trigger
> something, or is even logged or sent to the feedback channel
> implicitely and I tried to avoid redundancy. As I could see now no one
> is listening for that events. I assume that this optional.

Indeed, these events are completely optional and currently only used in the integration tests
to obtain knowledge when the controller has started or finished an installation.

The events send by the DeploymentAdmin after installation of a deployment package is logged
automatically by the agent. You do not need to do anything special for this in case of a custom
controller.

That said, if you come across a functional use-case that cannot directly be supported by the
current agent (or its API), it is always possible to expose this through the agent's API.
We only are very cautious to do so, as we want to keep the agent as lean and simple as possible...

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30