ace-users mailing list archives

From Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: Custom Agent Controller
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:17:34 GMT
Hi Jan,

thx a lot for your fast reply.

My aim was to send the deployment events before and after installation as done by the DefaultController.
... getEventsHandler().postEvent(AGENT_INSTALLATION_COMPLETE, eventProps);

I assumed that sending these events the same way would trigger something, or is even logged
or sent to the feedback channel implicitely and I tried to avoid redundancy.
As I could see now no one is listening for that events. I assume that this optional.

Thx and Greetings
Wilfried

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jan Willem Janssen [mailto:janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. November 2013 12:15
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Custom Agent Controller

Hi Wilfried,

On 11/21/13 11:39 AM, Sibla Wilfried wrote:
> I implemented a custom control similar to the integration test
> CustomAgentControllerTest from jan
>
> Implementing a custom controller requires re-implementing certain
> functionality which is already implanted within the DefaultController
> respectively within the other classes of the agent.
>
> For example it's surely recommended to send the "Deployment Complete"
> and "Deployment Started" events like the DefaultController does. Even
> if I would copy the corresponding methods from the DefaultController
> to my CustomController, I'm not able to get the ACE EventHandler and
> to send the events by calling the postEvent method.

As you're writing a custom controller, you already have full control as to when an installation
is started and ending. Why do you need the
(internal) event handler of the agent for that?

> Getting access to the AgentContext and the registered and already
> available Handlers would also offer great set of
> feature/functionality. For example the LoggingHandler or
> ConfigurationHandler etc.

The configuration handler is already exposed by the AgentControl, no need to get the AgentContext
for that. But, what kind of use-cases are you thinking of that require those other handlers?
Surely we could expose them all, but I'd like to do this because of missing features than
simply expose them "because we can".

> Or is there access available, and I didn't found that??

AgentControl is the entry point that exposes all public APIs, so, if it isn't there, there's
no direct access to it.

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30