ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: AW: Custom Agent Controller
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:37:27 GMT

On 11/21/13 1:17 PM, Sibla Wilfried wrote:
> thx a lot for your fast reply.
>
> My aim was to send the deployment events before and after
> installation as done by the DefaultController. ...
> getEventsHandler().postEvent(AGENT_INSTALLATION_COMPLETE,
> eventProps);
>
> I assumed that sending these events the same way would trigger
> something, or is even logged or sent to the feedback channel
> implicitely and I tried to avoid redundancy. As I could see now no
> one is listening for that events. I assume that this optional.

Indeed, these events are completely optional and currently only used
in the integration tests to obtain knowledge when the controller has
started or finished an installation.

The events send by the DeploymentAdmin after installation of a
deployment package is logged automatically by the agent. You do not
need to do anything special for this in case of a custom controller.

That said, if you come across a functional use-case that cannot
directly be supported by the current agent (or its API), it is always
possible to expose this through the agent's API. We only are very
cautious to do so, as we want to keep the agent as lean and simple as
possible...

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30