ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Custom Agent Controller
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:15:18 GMT

Hi Wilfried,

On 11/21/13 11:39 AM, Sibla Wilfried wrote:
> I implemented a custom control similar to the integration test
> CustomAgentControllerTest from jan
>
> Implementing a custom controller requires re-implementing certain
> functionality which is already implanted within the
> DefaultController respectively within the other classes of the
> agent.
>
> For example it's surely recommended to send the "Deployment
> Complete" and "Deployment Started" events like the
> DefaultController does. Even if I would copy the corresponding
> methods from the DefaultController to my CustomController, I'm not
> able to get the ACE EventHandler and to send the events by calling
> the postEvent method.

As you're writing a custom controller, you already have full control
as to when an installation is started and ending. Why do you need the
(internal) event handler of the agent for that?

> Getting access to the AgentContext and the registered and already
> available Handlers would also offer great set of
> feature/functionality. For example the LoggingHandler or
> ConfigurationHandler etc.

The configuration handler is already exposed by the AgentControl, no
need to get the AgentContext for that. But, what kind of use-cases are
you thinking of that require those other handlers? Surely we could
expose them all, but I'd like to do this because of missing features
than simply expose them "because we can".

> Or is there access available, and I didn't found that??

AgentControl is the entry point that exposes all public APIs, so, if
it isn't there, there's no direct access to it.

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30