ace-users mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: How to specify target id and discovery URL in ACE v1.0.0
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:11:34 GMT

Hi Damien,

On 11/7/13 3:36 PM, Damien Martin-Guillerez wrote:
> I'm just starting with Apache ACE. I discover it yesterday and it
> seems really the good tools for me.
>
> I downloaded the binary distribution of Apache ACE 1.0.0 yesterday
> and tried to run the target.jar with the identification specified
> in command line but it doesn't seems to apply: $ java -jar
> target.jar identification=test discovery=http://test:8080
> ____________________________ Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
>
> g! Started management agent. Target ID    : defaultTargetID Server
> : http://localhost:8080 Sync interval: 2000 ms Unaffected bundles
> will not be stopped during deployment.
>
> Using the archive, I downloaded the org.apache.ace.launcher and
> run it the same way, it worked. Looking at the source code, it
> seems that the v1.0.0 package use something called aQute.launcher
> and there is probably a new way to specify those parameters but I
> can seem to find it in the documentation.
>
> So the question is simple: How can I specify the id and discovery
> with the v1.0.0 target jar ?

The answer of Dmytro is correct for the *released* version of ACE.

We're currently busy with fixing some last issues before creating a
new release of ACE. One of the major changes in this release will be a
completely new management agent. This agent is easier to embed/extend
and configure. I just finished updating the user-guide (see [1]) to
reflect the new configuration options for the upcoming agent. If you
want to play with it, you can check out the latest SVN revision.

1. http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/user-guide.html

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around PulseOn and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
J.C. Wilslaan 29
7313 HK   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 30