ace-users mailing list archives

From Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: Uploading a configuration file
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:13:49 GMT
Hi Marcel

Thx for your reply.

OK, that could help. But then I must not use the maven-bundle-plugin for the Manifest generation.
I think there are alternatives (possible the maven-jar-plugin)...
Or I possibly can suppress adding the Bundle-SymbolicName.

Will try this.

Thx and Greetings
Wilfried

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Oktober 2013 11:57
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Uploading a configuration file

Hello Wilfried,

As far as I can see your experience is correct, if you make a custom resource type that is
a "special kind of bundle" then you will have the problem that the BundleHelper will identify
your artifact as a bundle. Taken from BundleHelperImpl.recognize(.):

    public String recognize(ArtifactResource artifact) {
        /*
         * Tries to find out whether this artifact is a bundle by (a) trying to open it as
a jar, (b) trying to extract
         * the manifest, and (c) checking whether that manifest contains a Bundle-SymbolicName
header.
         */

But what you state is not 100% true, a jar is only a bundle if it also has a symbolic name
header. Maybe you can use that to your advantage and leave out that header for your custom
content?

Greetings, Marcel

On Oct 21, 2013, at 11:44 , Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Sibla@bosch-si.com> wrote:

> Hello Marcel,
>
> After reading this topic I would like to make a short remark to this.
>
> I tried to define a custom resource type and also implement a ArtifactRecognizer and
ArtifactHelper.

> First I thought I could implement the resource as a jar file and embed my custom content
and to recognize my resource by using certain Manifest attributes.
> After first tests I had to switch from a jar to a zip archive (used the maven-assembly-plugin).
> The reason was that jars including Manifests are catched by the default BundleHelper
and identified as bundles. Thus not the correct custom resource processor is assigned to such
a customized resources jar.
> As a consequence the resource processor isn't deployed etc.
>
> Is the experience I made with this correct or are some other mistakes more obvious?
>
> Greetings
> Wilfried

your own artifact type. Take a look at:

> http://ace.apache.org/dev-doc/adding-custom-artifact-types.html
>
> Please let me know what you think and if there's anything we can improve on that page.
>
> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On Oct 18, 2013, at 6:09 AM, ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your prompt and quick response.For sure, I'll search and
read more about the ArtifactHelper and ArtifactRecognizer and implement them to be able to
add our configuration files to ACE.
>> For the broken link I was reading the user guide from this link : http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/user-guide.html,
and in the section Uploading artifacts, there is a link for adding support for new types of
artifacts which is not working.

>> Thank you very much  and my best Regards, Ghania
>>

>> ________________________________
>> De : Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> À :
>> users@ace.apache.org; ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca> Envoyé le :
>> jeudi 17 octobre 2013 15h24 Objet : Re: Uploading a configuration file
>>

>> Hello Ghania,
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 21:14 PM, ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> When I tried to add configuration files (which are PDF and XML files) an error
is displayed : noting that particular artifact is not uploaded.
>>> In the Apache Ace user guide it said that an artifact is anything from an OSGi
bundle to a configuration file.
>>> How we can upload a configuration file using ACE server UI?
>>
>> Out of the box, ACE supports bundles and XML configuration files that follow the
Auto Configuration specification (chapter 115 in the OSGi compendium).

>> If you want to add support for other file types, you need to implement an ArtifactHelper
and ArtifactRecognizer and add those to ACE. Furthermore, you need to create a resource processor
bundle, add it as an artifact to ACE and then you can add your new files.

>> I really need to find some time to document that more elaborately and come up with
an example. For now, the best examples are in the ACE sourcecode.

>>> Also in the Ace user guide, the following  link http://ace.apache.org/dev-doc/adding-artifact-recognizers.html(
adding support for new types of artifacts in ACE ) seems to be broken.

>> On what page exactly did you find that link? I could not find it. You can raise an
issue for that so we won&apos;t forget to fix it.