ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Uploading a configuration file
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:06:31 GMT
Hello Ghania,

I fixed the link and added some documentation that hopefully gets you started implementing
your own artifact type. Take a look at:

http://ace.apache.org/dev-doc/adding-custom-artifact-types.html

Please let me know what you think and if there's anything we can improve on that page.

Greetings, Marcel

On Oct 18, 2013, at 6:09 AM, ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Thank you very much for your prompt and quick response.For sure, I’ll search and read
more about the ArtifactHelper and ArtifactRecognizer and implement them to be able to add
our configuration files to ACE.
> For the broken link I was reading the user guide from this link : http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/user-guide.html,
and in the section Uploading artifacts, there is a link for adding support for new types of
artifacts which is not working.

> Thank you very much  and my best Regards,
> Ghania
>

> ________________________________
> De : Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>
> À : users@ace.apache.org; ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca>
> Envoyé le : jeudi 17 octobre 2013 15h24
> Objet : Re: Uploading a configuration file
>

> Hello Ghania,
>
> On Oct 17, 2013, at 21:14 PM, ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>> When I tried to add configuration files (which are PDF and XML files) an error is
displayed : noting that particular artifact is not uploaded.
>> In the Apache Ace user guide it said that an artifact is anything from an OSGi bundle
to a configuration file.
>> How we can upload a configuration file using ACE server UI?
>
> Out of the box, ACE supports bundles and XML configuration files that follow the Auto
Configuration specification (chapter 115 in the OSGi compendium).

> If you want to add support for other file types, you need to implement an ArtifactHelper
and ArtifactRecognizer and add those to ACE. Furthermore, you need to create a resource processor
bundle, add it as an artifact to ACE and then you can add your new files.

> I really need to find some time to document that more elaborately and come up with an
example. For now, the best examples are in the ACE sourcecode.

>> Also in the Ace user guide, the following  link http://ace.apache.org/dev-doc/adding-artifact-recognizers.html(
adding support for new types of artifacts in ACE ) seems to be broken.

> On what page exactly did you find that link? I could not find it. You can raise an issue
for that so we won&apos;t forget to fix it.