ace-users mailing list archives

From ghania ferrag <gfer...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: Uploading a configuration file
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 04:09:24 GMT
Hi Marcel,

Thank you very much for your prompt and quick response.For sure, I’ll search and read more
about the ArtifactHelper and ArtifactRecognizer and implement them to be able to add our configuration
files to ACE.
For the broken link I was reading the user guide from this link : http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/user-guide.html, and
in the section Uploading artifacts, there is a link for adding support for new types of artifacts
which is not working.

Thank you very much  and my best Regards,
Ghania

________________________________
De : Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>
À : users@ace.apache.org; ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca>
Envoyé le : jeudi 17 octobre 2013 15h24
Objet : Re: Uploading a configuration file

Hello Ghania,

On Oct 17, 2013, at 21:14 PM, ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> When I tried to add configuration files (which are PDF and XML files) an error is displayed
: noting that particular artifact is not uploaded.
> In the Apache Ace user guide it said that an artifact is anything from an OSGi bundle
to a configuration file.
> How we can upload a configuration file using ACE server UI?

Out of the box, ACE supports bundles and XML configuration files that follow the Auto Configuration
specification (chapter 115 in the OSGi compendium).

If you want to add support for other file types, you need to implement an ArtifactHelper and
ArtifactRecognizer and add those to ACE. Furthermore, you need to create a resource processor
bundle, add it as an artifact to ACE and then you can add your new files.

I really need to find some time to document that more elaborately and come up with an example.
For now, the best examples are in the ACE sourcecode.

> Also in the Ace user guide, the following  link http://ace.apache.org/dev-doc/adding-artifact-recognizers.html(
adding support for new types of artifacts in ACE ) seems to be broken.

On what page exactly did you find that link? I could not find it. You can raise an issue for
that so we won&apos;t forget to fix it.

Greetings, Marcel