ace-users mailing list archives

From Sibla Wilfried <Wilfried.Si...@bosch-si.com>
Subject AW: Simple Ace questions
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 07:41:21 GMT
Hi Ryan

I configured ACE to use an external OBR (NexusPro). Thus you could deploy you artifacts with
maven directly from your build server/env to the OBR and ACE can use those URLs directly.
With such a config, within the dialog for adding artifacts to ACE all artifacts from your
repo are automatically listed without the necessity for uploading them to the ACE OBR.
But nevertheless they must be added explicitly (manually or programmatically by using the
REST or JAVA client API) to the ACE repo (not OBR).

But with this configuration it's currently not possible to use the configuration XML files
(autoconf etc.)

I could possibly provide a utility to create ACE features by deriving them directly from a
maven pom project (it's already working in my test env.). With this, the process of developing,
deploying to the dev. Repo, uploading/adding it to the ACE OBR and to the ACE repo and creating
the corresponding ACE features could be simplified.

Greetings
Wilfried

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ryan Moquin [mailto:fragility2.0@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. August 2013 15:17
An: users@ace.apache.org
Betreff: Simple Ace questions

2 questions, Ace is supposed to be able to handle configurations for deployment right?

Can the maven-bundle-plugin deploy bundles to the ace obr?  I read it can connect and add
bundles to an obr repo.. trying to plan out how I can use Ace in an automatic fashion since
deploying new bundles bundles into the obr repo manually would be a bit time consuming...

Thanks for any input!

Ryan