ace-users mailing list archives

From Elmar Zeeb <elmar.z...@pipesbox.de>
Subject Re: How to query the distributions/targets with the Client Rest API?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 07:15:44 GMT
Hi Ghania,

Am 05.09.2013 19:04, schrieb ghania ferrag:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m working on new web UI ( I used Vaadin for this UI) to allow our users to send distributions
to specific targets.
> In our UI we have just to display all existing distributions and I wonder how to query
the distributions with the Client Rest API?
> I read the following link:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Client+REST+API
>

> Some one can tell me what is wrong with this REST-client code (I used Jersey):
> 1) I suspect the path is wrong: "ace/workspaceID/distribution" ?
> 2) or may be REST-server is not set ?
>
> import javax.ws.rs.core.UriBuilder;
> import com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client;
> import com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource;
> import com.sun.jersey.api.client.config.ClientConfig;
> import com.sun.jersey.api.client.config.DefaultClientConfig;
> public class ClientTest{
>     getDistributions();
>    }
>
>    public static void  getDistributions() {
>       ClientConfig config = new DefaultClientConfig();
>       Client client = Client.create(config);
>       WebResource service = client.resource(getBaseURI());
>       // Get JSONfor application
>       System.out.println(service.path("workspaceID").path("distribution").accept(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON).get(String.class));
>       // Get XML for application
>       System.out.println(service.path("workspaceID").path("distribution").accept(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML).get(String.class));
>    }
>    private static URI getBaseURI() {
>      return UriBuilder.fromUri("http://localhost:8080/ace").build();
>    }
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ghania
You should create a association between a distribution and a target,
this is called distribution2target and is a resource that can be created
with a post to ace/workspaceID/distribution2target (see
http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/restapi.html).

Regards,
Elmar