ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Minimising ACE's file size
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:15:15 GMT
Hello Ryan,

On Aug 29, 2013, at 15:13 , Ryan Moquin <fragility2.0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should I be able to reasonably expect trunk is in a
> reasonble state?  Or could you maybe release Milestone versions for an
> upcoming release that you believe are most likely stable enough for the
> daring?  Just don't want to push it and end up breaking my demo. Part of
> issue is since the build isn't using maven, there aren't snapshot builds to
> grab.  Otherwise each tine I build they each have the same version as the
> one being worked towards.

We try to keep trunk stable and working at all times. Of course sometimes we fail at that,
so I would be careful when updating your demo an hour before you give it. :)

> One last question.  Is there anywhere I can look to give me a more current
> view on how to interact with the Ace OBR in relation to using the
> maven-bundle-plugin to pushing artifacts to it?  I also was curious how
> release promotion works.. I don't have a huge amount of time (a week) and
> struggling figuring out how to move to ACE from using Karaf Features…

ACE OBR has a REST API where you can basically "POST" new artifacts to it.

> Thanks for any insight.  Ace looks like it's coming along and promising.
> As soon as this current demo is over I'd like to see how I can contribute
> if there are any nice to haves I can build and contribute, let me know.

I hope that by discussing these things you end up having ideas on what to contribute. :)

Greetings, Marcel