ace-users mailing list archives

From ghania ferrag <gfer...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Target does not receive distribution programmatically
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:01:45 GMT
Hi every one,

I created a customized WEB UI for provisioning (using Ace Rest client programmatically).

I can upload a new Artifact (a bundle), using my new WEB UI, then associate the artifact to
a feature, the feature to a distribution and then commit successfully. I have an issue when
I associate the distribution to a target and commit.  The association is successfully created
(200 OK) but the target doesn’t’ get the bundle. When I repeat the whole process with
“Ace WEB UI”, it works (The target receives that bundle).

My question is, why the target doesn’t get the bundle associated to the distribution even
all the associations were successfully created? What I’m missing in my code?
Here is some testing context:

1) While “Ace WEB UI” uses the OBR for uploading, in my new WEB UI I used both tests
with OBR and local directory; which means I set the artifact URL to “Location” returned
by OBR in first test and  I set the artifact URL to the file in my local directory (url=file:///c:/myDirectory)
in the second test.

2) The attributes (symbolic name, version) set in the artifact are not read from the manifest
file (I put the bundle file name and version 1.0.0).

3) When I use “Ace WEB UI” to associate the distribution, created with my WEB UI, to
the target, the target doesn’t get the bundle (even the association is there).

4) When I use my WEB UI to associate the distribution, created with “Ace WEB UI”, to
the target, the association fails and I have this following error:

/>

Thank you so much in advance for your response and help,
My Best Regards,
Ghania