ace-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Starting implementation of the Apache Ace
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 07:00:38 GMT
Hello Ghania,

Sorry for the late response, I just got back from holiday, so I'm catching up. :)

On Aug 28, 2013, at 19:13 , ghania ferrag <gferrag@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> I just started working with Apache Ace, so I’m quite new to ACE and OSGi.
>  I’m working on a task where we have to cover the configuration of an Apache ACE server
and the client connected to the server for updates.
> In the UI of the Apache Ace server at the right we have the list of the targets, for
my case we have to display list of servers in a cluster, and for each server all the clients
(that will be the targets to receive the distribution) connected to this server.

Just so I understand you correctly: you have two types of targets:

1) Servers.
2) Clients (where each client belongs to a server).

Both types of targets get provisioned by ACE?

> The requirements that I have needs a modification of the target list of the Apache Ace
web Gui. Any advice where to look for, and which part of the source code package that I have
to use?

What functional change would you like to make? The web UI code is in one bundle, it interacts
with the ACE client code, which is in another bundle. Where you should start depends a bit
on the changes you want to make.

Greetings, Marcel