ace-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Moquin <fragility...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minimising ACE's file size
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:13:38 GMT
Speaking of trunk... I noticed that you had acknowledged an issue where
updates stop being deployed to targets in 1.0 0 and to use trunk.  Since
then I have been building Ace from trunk periodically.  I want to use Ace
in a demo I'm putting together to try to get full adoption in our
organization.  Should I be able to reasonably expect trunk is in a
reasonble state?  Or could you maybe release Milestone versions for an
upcoming release that you believe are most likely stable enough for the
daring?  Just don't want to push it and end up breaking my demo. Part of
issue is since the build isn't using maven, there aren't snapshot builds to
grab.  Otherwise each tine I build they each have the same version as the
one being worked towards.

One last question.  Is there anywhere I can look to give me a more current
view on how to interact with the Ace OBR in relation to using the
maven-bundle-plugin to pushing artifacts to it?  I also was curious how
release promotion works.. I don't have a huge amount of time (a week) and
struggling figuring out how to move to ACE from using Karaf Features...

Thanks for any insight.  Ace looks like it's coming along and promising.
As soon as this current demo is over I'd like to see how I can contribute
if there are any nice to haves I can build and contribute, let me know.

Ryan