ace-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Bishop <m...@thebishops.org>
Subject Re: Where does Ace server store everything?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 20:15:18 GMT
Hello Marcel,

Thanks for the quick reply. What I am really looking for is a declarative
way to express every bundle and configuration in a distribution, but in a
way that can be checked into source control and diffed for changes over
time.

Ideally this expression (files) could be pushed to a target instance which
would trigger the fetching of missing resources and the configuration of
the instance to match.

It looks like Ace can manage the latter part of this just fine, but the
first part (declarative distribution) is what is missing. We don't want
manage server configurations by hand any more than we want to build WAR
files by hand.